Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Pay

Rate this question

rattattat

Question

I was wondering,

if you have been treated at the VA for a health problem for the last five years and that same health problem is now service connected, can you receive travel pay for all of those past appointments that were related to the now serviced connected problem?

Sandy

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sandy:

You should go to the travel pay office and ask them. One time they went back and paid me for times missed and another time refused to do it.

Good Luck

at the Bay Pines VHAMC St. Pete, Fla they will not allow you to acummalate travel pay after 30 days..though the travel pay increased to ? 20 something cents..they forgot too tell us all, they raised the deductible high enough to offset the raise in travel pay(VA CRAP) a wash for me they said i would have to have 4 appts. weekly to see a transportation savings...William n

but they really get funky with you if you don't collect your $ after each visit

Edited by williamn

• HadIt.com Elder

Now if you had a claim on appeal for four years and during that time went to the VA for treatment for a condition that was NSC and then became SC due to the appeal why would you not be owed travel pay? I can see them protecting themselves by making it only good for 30 days. That makes sense from their viewpoint, but it seems like the same thing would go as for co-pays for conditions that become SC through appeals. It is like retro pay. They owe you from your effective date.

HOLEY CRAP, you can receive travel pay every time you drive to the VA hospital?? I mean if its service connected? I thought this was only for C&P's.

• HadIt.com Elder

WHO CAN GET TRAVEL PAY?

You Qualify If:

>

1. you have a service-connected (SC) rating of 30 percent or more, or

2. you are traveling for treatment of a SC condition, or

3. you receive a VA pension, or

4. your income does not exceed the maximum annual VA pension rate, or

5. you are traveling for a scheduled compensation or pension examination

By the way, the increase is not OFFSET by the deductible. I received $11.38 for years. Now I get more than $29 a trip. I know we all have our problems with the VA, but, sometimes we have to check our facts. If you are not getting more travel pay the Travel Pay Office in your VA is ripping you off>>Check it out.

Don