Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Weeks..... Still No Ptsd C&p Results

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I'm just venting. I know that it is a wait and wait game, but I had my PTSD C&P's 4 weeks ago and the ROI office says that they STILL aren't available to send to me.

Ugh......... I honestly told my Vet Center councilor that I just needed to take a break from all of this for a while after all of that. I have only been to 2 individual sessions and skipped all Group sessions since then. I want to know what was said about me before I go back because I know that if either of the examiners wrote down anything but the truth I will flip out.

And on top of that I still haven't heard from Dr. Bash since he cashed my check 6 weeks ago. His assistant replied to an email to her on Saturdaysaying that she would check on my status with him, but nothing since.

AND the VA tells me that my knee and back claims WILL NOT move forward at all until the PTSD claim is settled.

Like I said, just venting.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The C&P examiners can take up to thirty days to send C&P notes to the regional office for a rating,but usaually, it take about Two to Three weeks to get it out.When you finish your C&P you can go by Release of Information and fillout form 10-5345 and they will mail you a copy of C&P when they send one to the regional office.

mobie

Thanks Mobie

By the way, the nurse practitioner who gave me the C&P exam for IU did not review my C-File.

I ask her. She had information right on the computer screen relating to my case.

I have to get that copy of my C-File to "know" what is, or is not in there. I am close to going to the rater and want to make sure my evidence is accounted for! :blink: I can also use that information to start on plane B. B)

Over and over you guys have said "Look at your C-File"! Well, now I think I need to look at my C-File. B) This is going to go on the evidence shown in the C-File, period. OK, OK,...OK! I get it now. The evidnce is good in my favor. I hope the rater is having a good day when he gets it. (Oh My) B)

Conecuh,my advice to you would be to wait until you get rated before trying to get your c-file,the reason it probably already with the rater, by trying to get c-file now could cause a long delay in getting your claim rated,by looking at your service connected condition,in my opinion, you have your ducks in order, and also i beleive you can get a higher rating for PTSD, and get IU ,so take your shoes off and kick back and wait,something going to happen soon, and i beleive it will all be good.

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree don't touch off any requests that would pull your file off the raters desk and a request for a copy of your C File, getting your elected officials involved at this point will let them take your file from the rater make a copy which can take 30 days or even longer in some offices a "congressional" lets them pull your file to the "congressional reply office" for 60 days and then it comes back to the rater at the bottom of the pile, do nothing until you get the rating and if it is not what you expect or think you deserve then ask for a copy of the C File you have a year to file the NOD plus when they rate you they have to explain why they rated you at the percentage they did you can also see from the rating decision which evidence they "choose to ignore" because it is just not listed in the evidence sheet for me they ignored chemical weapon and drug exposures at Edgewood Arsenal from Nov 2002 until Oct 2005 when they got caught lying to then Senate VA Chairman Larry Craig....make sure you keep copies of all evidence you give them.....

Holy hijacked thread Batman!

I'm just kidding!

good advice from everyone and for what it's worth, still no word on my exams being released to the ROI office.

Holy hijacked thread Batman!

I'm just kidding!

good advice from everyone and for what it's worth, still no word on my exams being released to the ROI office.

I'm sorry, boy wonder. I am new. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer anyway. But thank goodness I butted in when I did. I was about to cost myself a lot of waiting time.You will forgive my blunder, Sir. :blink:

Like I said, just picking on ya.

It almost seems that the best info on here ends up popping up because of exactly this. Something someone never thought to ask gets brought up in a thread and provides a lot of really good info.

I'm glad that my plain old bitching about my waiting time ended up helping!