Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Weeks..... Still No Ptsd C&p Results

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I'm just venting. I know that it is a wait and wait game, but I had my PTSD C&P's 4 weeks ago and the ROI office says that they STILL aren't available to send to me.

Ugh......... I honestly told my Vet Center councilor that I just needed to take a break from all of this for a while after all of that. I have only been to 2 individual sessions and skipped all Group sessions since then. I want to know what was said about me before I go back because I know that if either of the examiners wrote down anything but the truth I will flip out.

And on top of that I still haven't heard from Dr. Bash since he cashed my check 6 weeks ago. His assistant replied to an email to her on Saturdaysaying that she would check on my status with him, but nothing since.

AND the VA tells me that my knee and back claims WILL NOT move forward at all until the PTSD claim is settled.

Like I said, just venting.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

my experience only..u should go too the Med.Ctr. Release of Information Office and request in writing, that u wish for those results..if not in ur files, keep checkin back, you'll get them..As far as Dr. Bash i wrote and emailed him and after a month his secretary? called me and said the DR. would contact be soon...that was February. Hell with him he did'nt want my money or he's got too much...Peace, William n

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

VHA HANDBOOK 1601E.01

Veterans Health Administration Transmittal Sheet

Washington, DC 20420 April 3, 2006

http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPub...asp?pub_ID=1400

T-1

Department of Veterans Affairs VHA HANDBOOK 1601E.01

Veterans Health Administration Transmittal Sheet

Washington, DC 20420 April 3, 2006

COMPENSATION AND PENSION (C&P) EXAMINATIONS

1. PURPOSE. This Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Handbook establishes procedures for administering the Compensation and Pension (C&P) Examination Program.

2. SUMMARY OF CHANGES. This is a new Handbook establishing the administrative procedures for the C&P Examination Program.

3. RELATED ISSUES. VHA Directive 1601E (to be published).

4. FOLLOW-UP RESPONSIBILITY. The VHA Business Office (16) is responsible for the contents of this Handbook. Questions may be directed to (202) 254-0406.

5.. RESCISSIONS. M-1, Part 1, Chapter 20.

6. RE-CERTIFICATION. This VHA Handbook is scheduled for re-certification on or before the last working day of April 2011.

Jonathan B. Perlin, MD, PhD, MSHA, FACP

Under Secretary for Health

Who did the exam was it QTC?

My goodness. There is a lot of good information there!I am reading now. But I am beginning to see that raters have a lot of power. Like being judge & jury. But they have rules they have to go by too! Thanks Wings!PeteThe C&P for IU was done by a VA nurse practitioner.I was first awarded 40%, then increased to 80%. My claim for IU was deferred at that time. So this C&P for IU is the evidence they deferred me for. Like John99 said "surround and overwhelm them with evidence." I think I have my ducks in a row on that. But I know it seems they could do anything. They have been good to me so far. I am reading on NODs. :blink:

The C&P examiners can take up to thirty days to send C&P notes to the regional office for a rating,but usaually, it take about Two to Three weeks to get it out.When you finish your C&P you can go by Release of Information and fillout form 10-5345 and they will mail you a copy of C&P when they send one to the regional office.

mobie

The first C&P was done at the Rochester NY clinic and the 2nd one was done 2 days later at the VAMC Canandaigua NY.

I filed in writing, at the FOI office at the Rochester clinic a few days after the 2nd exam for info on both. The guy that works there in the FOI office is great and really helpful. I have checked back in person, twice, and neither one has been available. I called the 800 number and was told that VA is waiting the 60 days to receive evidence before it goes to the rater. I replied that I sent in the letter and evidence (pictures, statements, etc) IN PERSON to the Buffalo RO along with a statement that I had no other evidence to support the claim. The person on the phone sounded annoyed (the first time I've had anyone react like that since they moved to the regional call centers) and said to wait 60 days then it will go to rating. I didn't ask about copies of the exams on the phone. I will check back with the ROI office here in Rochester next week I guess.

As for Dr. Bash, when I originally emailed, Dr. Bash himself called me 2 or 3 days later and we agreed on a fee. I emailed just to confirm the fee and said I acceptted his offer. He received my info on April 11th according to UPS and my check cashed on April 17th. I emailed Dr. Bash twice with no reply and then like I said, I emailed his assistant and got that reply Saturday, but nohing since. Again, wait and wait.