Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Weeks..... Still No Ptsd C&p Results

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I'm just venting. I know that it is a wait and wait game, but I had my PTSD C&P's 4 weeks ago and the ROI office says that they STILL aren't available to send to me.

Ugh......... I honestly told my Vet Center councilor that I just needed to take a break from all of this for a while after all of that. I have only been to 2 individual sessions and skipped all Group sessions since then. I want to know what was said about me before I go back because I know that if either of the examiners wrote down anything but the truth I will flip out.

And on top of that I still haven't heard from Dr. Bash since he cashed my check 6 weeks ago. His assistant replied to an email to her on Saturdaysaying that she would check on my status with him, but nothing since.

AND the VA tells me that my knee and back claims WILL NOT move forward at all until the PTSD claim is settled.

Like I said, just venting.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

And I got up this humid and pollen filled morning to find an email from Dr. Bash's assistant telling me that my IMO will be completed next week. WOO HOO!

I'll post what he said and if I ever get my PTSD C&P back I'll post that too.

Sorry about that Quint,but you are telling the truth and good luck with IMO,hopes everything works out for you.

mobie

I got home from work yesterday and there were my results from both C&P exams.

The reports are pretty accurate I guess. Both left out one scenario that I told them about but I don't think it matters.

Shrink said:

It is "much more likely than not" that my PTSD is related to my Gulf war service.

Has suicidal ideation (without a plan) as little ago as one week.

Has had homocidal ideation as "a passing thought", again without a plan.

Listed alcohol dependance as a form of self medicating.

Says that PTSD and the alcohol have significantly interfered with my social, interpersonal and occupational functioning.

It seems inevitable that my current path will lead to my employment being put in jeapordy.

Prognosis for readjustment appears fair provided he stop self medicating and continue with clinical intervention.

He gave me a GAF of 53.

I think it is a slam dunk for 50% but I am sure that they will lowball me at 30%.

I also have only been to counciling one time since this exam. I think I just need to step back from it for a litle while as my sleep, etc. has been as bad as it has ever been since having to recount all of this.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are working 50% is good. Glad that you are relatively satisfied