Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Newbe Here Cna You Help?

Rate this question

Guest William75

Question

Guest William75

Hello All, Let me start out by saying that I think what you are doing is a great thing.I stumbled across this site trying to find some info on my claim. While I don't think I deserve as much help as some people on this site I wouls like to see if some of you could ansewer a few questions for me. I had lowere back surgey when i was on active duty. Since then i continue you to have problems with my back. I am still able to work most of the time. But it does effect how I do things in my everyday life. I cannot be as active as I was before the surgery. Even playing with my kids can sometimes cause a problem. I have started my claim and even had a Physical at the VA. But it did not seem like the DOC had a clue what kind of pian i was having when i left there. I have not heard anything back yet. What i was hoping some of you could tell me is what kind of rating do they give for back problems. I do not think what i beleive should be what they give me. The problem is there is really no way to find out unless i compare mysely with other vets. Any help would be great.

Thank you.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

william --

Wht sort of ratings you can expect depends on what the post-surgical poroblems you are having. Backs are rated by either how many days of bed rest the doctor prescribes (good luck on that one) or by limitation of range of motion of affcted joints.

Alex

Guest William75

Well I got the info from the VA. The rated me at 20% Which I beleive is Bull####. Ive already started working on an appeal. Just reading this info the first time i've already found some holes in the process. If anybody has any info that would help that would be great. Ya know when I first started this quest I just wanted this documented for later. But the more I think about it it makes me madder and madder. I got hurt serving my country and they just act like because they did a surgery that its fixed. The Doctor said i can not make you 100% the way you were prior to this. Well I've got to go calm down a bit. Agian any help from you fine people please let me no.

Thanks

Hello All, Let me start out by saying that I think what you are doing is a great thing.I stumbled across this site trying to find some info on my claim. While I don't think I deserve as much help as some people on this site I wouls like to see if some of you could ansewer a few questions for me. I had lowere back surgey when i was on active duty. Since then i continue you to have problems with my back. I am still able to work most of the time. But it does effect how I do things in my everyday life. I cannot be as active as I was before the surgery. Even playing with my kids can sometimes cause a problem. I have started my claim and even had a Physical at the VA. But it did not seem like the DOC had a clue what kind of pian i was having when i left there. I have not heard anything back yet. What i was hoping some of you could tell me is what kind of rating do they give for back problems. I do not think what i beleive should be what they give me. The problem is there is really no way to find out unless i compare mysely with other vets. Any help would be great.

Thank you.

:rolleyes: I have had two open heart surgeries and as a result, I have what is called intercostal nueurlogia. They damaged the nerves in my rib cage. I was awarded 10% and the award letter, SOC ,explained the VA had no such condition listed so went to what was the closet thing, nerve damage. I am on a morphine patch for pain and am a regular at the pain clinic, get injections to cool the nerves. I was told the pain was not bad or shoud not be so bad but I tell you all it is the most painful thing I have ever had including back surgery. How do they measure this type of pain?, they guess.

• HadIt.com Elder

Alex

So what you are saying is that there is no separate rating for pain. My back and shoulder hurt like hell but I have pretty good range of motion but I don't want to do any motion since I get sick and tired of having to take dope. Can you attack the low rating based on the side effects of the pain medications you take? I have a prescription for morphine but I have to be hurting very ,very bad before I will take that stuff. It makes me depressed and I already suffer from depression due to chronic pain. The pain meds also cause me to have personality changes which frighten me. Probably a lot of us hve these problems on top of pain and range of motion issues.