Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Med Exam Not By Dr. But Nurse Practitioner

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Have any other vets had their medical C & P exams done by nurse practitioners versus Dr.? Mine was and there were so many errors and descripencies in the exam..she lied and I called her up 2x and she said "she didn't write that and they must have gotten records mixed up" yeah sure than why didn't she correct them!

Turned her into pt advocate and found out she was fired from doing C & P exams but moved to an undisclosed area of the hosp to work. FOIA officer said it took her 3 days to find the nurse pract in the hosp and she said "it was in 2005 I don't remember!"

SO I sit and wait for my dear BVA to proceed.

2 medical physician IMO's done but they believe the va's nurse pract. Funny how they did not have all the information I told in my personal hearing about her and the faulty exam on my trancripts! Anything I said about the va exams, providers, etc. were not on the transcript at all.

Have any others had similiar experiences they are fighting with because of non Dr exams? There is so much more I could write but I would like to hear if others have had this occur to them, and their advice or actions that may have helped them in their battle. :P

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Has anyone who has had this happen to them attempted to or have filed with the Professional Board of Registration and Licensure to turn the person(liar) in for fraud?

This person lied to me personally, plus twice on the phone and they fired her from doing C & P's yet put her somewhere else in the hospital to work.

It took the FOIA person 3 days to find her to ask her about my file and she said " I don't remember it was over 3 years ago."

I am seriously going to find out if I can have her investigated for fraudently putting lies on my C & P record. She wasn't in the room yet (can see through 6 inch concrete walls when I put a gown on and took it off,) yet that is what the record said. But she said "I didn't write that cause I wasn't in the room!"

Lies, lies, lies why should I have to keep suffering and fighting for my rights and she can lie and go on her merry way. I am going to ask my VSO tomorrow, if in...also I am going to call the Board of Nursing and find out what right I have here.

So anyone ever done this yet? If so did you win?

halos2,

I understand your anger and frustration but I think that will be lots of wasted energy for you.

It is all circumstantial and he said -- she said stuff, and feel it will not help you in any way.

You have much more important fights to work on.

It is not a battle that would win you anything.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I do want to add in here that there is a reg to contest and correct

some evidence that maybe in a claimant's record.

Information in Medical Evidence should be attacked and corrected

especially if it is detrimental to your claim.

Hopefully someone will find the rule or reg and post it.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

If i may chime in here...I called the VHAMC Bay Pines,Fla. Scheduling Office, to check on an eye appt. on July 14th,2008. It was then, that the woman told me I was scheduled for a C&P Exam on July 22nd. I said,"really". Well, its July 21st at 11:50am and i just received a call reminding me of a CP Exam tomorrow..No letter,call prior. Mmmmmmm, I would strongly urge those who have claims pending, and the possibilitiy for a CP Exam, to contact their schedulong office from time to time, to ck if anything is scheduled in the future. Just for ur info...Regards, William

william

Carlie,

I did request my C & P exam records be ammended. I went through the Pt Advocate and then the FIOA Officer at the hospital..She told me they could not ammend the errors the nurse pract. wrote in my file/chart.

She said I needed to request a new C&P. Haven't heard anything about that.

Also the FOIA Officer sent me a letter stating I was withdrawing my request for an amendment. She told me the Nurse pract couldn't remember me or what she wrote but if she wrote it it must be true. So therefore it would be she said and I said and nothing would differ.

Now was she right requesting that I with draw my complaint/request to have my records ammended? She said ammendment would not change the facts, only a new C & P might do that.

I didn't feel right doing that but she said the evidence right or wrong was written and it would not get changed, and also how could an impartial individual look at her documentation and make a change when they were only reading her notes, not doing an exam.

I feel like I am in the middle of a rock and a hard place here.