Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

? On Secondary Claim To Falling....

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

I have recently been falling from time to time, tripping over things, mostly due to my Neuropathy, which is caused by my L1-S1 being shot to Haiti. I have fell out of attic and landed on neck. Fell in a few parking lots, and yesterday tripped on the curb at the gas station and really hurt myself when I landed.

I may have broken one of the bones in my wrist, I'm planning on going to the emergency room once the swelling goes down, no need to make an extra trip. I realize each VARO is different, but is this typically something they will recognize as caused by my service connections?

I've been in a funk lately, went through the VA Voc Rehab testing and got my results back. Now no word from them, and they won't return my calls. The contractor that tested me, along with the counselor at the VR both stated that they didn't think I was likely to work due to PTSD. I hate these waiting games they play. You would think that by having Voicemail one would return a call every once in awhile to say hey we're still working on your case.

80% SC/100% TDIU

70%PTSD All the rest is Back problems.

10th Mountain.

God Bless the Troops.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

i've been falling off and on for a few months now. i don't go down the basement steps anymore, my niece does my laundry for me. my ankle turns on me often and now i have a bit of arthitis in the right knee so when i go down the knee doesn't hold me and i go down, though on the bright side i am getting really good at falling into the fall instead of resisting it.

on the voc rehab issue, i got my counselors email address and this has made it much easier for me to get responses. perhaps if you could ever get them to answer the phone :) pehaps you could get your counselors email address.

get that wrist checked out and make sure you tell your regular doc about the falls, perhaps there is some way they can help you.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Hey 10thFO,

Why wait until the swelling goes down to go to the ER and have your wrist checked? Fell out of the attic? Hmmm Sounds like something that would happen to me trying to do things on my own.

Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

[quote name='Tbird' date='Dec 14 2005,

i am getting really good at falling into the fall instead of resisting it.

TBird... Have you been through airborne training where they teach- you to roll into the landing? Smile

Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

Guest terrysturgis

I fell off a stool in my basement trying to fix a kitchen sink faucet leak and hit my head. No one home, I just sorta wandered around for a while till I got my bearings. I mentioned it to my examiner during my last C&P for neuropathy. She asked if I was checked for a concussion and seemed concerned. She explained to me that the nerve endings on the bottom of my feet are the receptors that help me achieve balance. I need to think before I act to remind myself that I need to be very careful about balance. Heck I used to climb telephone poles in Viet Nam, had great balance then. Now I walk like an old man , but I fall down less. Terry Sturgis

My wife has had increasing issues with gross motor functions as well as problems articulating her words. Apparently, this is a form of "psycho-motor retardation" caused by PTSD. The more anxious she becomes the worse her motor functions are impaired. I brought this up with her civilian psychiatrist this week and he said it is not likely due to the meds she is on (up'd her meds for the third straight time FYI).... he also said that there really isn't much he can do to fix the problem because any drugs that would increase her mental sharpness would negate the effects of the drugs for her PTSD (plus this time of year is very bad for her and he doesn't want to introduce new drugs).

Anywho, just posting 'cause a few of you sound like you may have similar issues.....

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

I seem to have the same problem. I fell in my driveway and banged my head. Sometimes my feet just feel dead like blocks of wood. I wobble around on my feet at times. I guess there is no cure or way to control neuropathy.