VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Visit With Va Psyhciatrist

Rate this question

huskerfanfl

Question

I went and saw my VA phsyciatrist yesterday about my meds. Long story short, the meds are not working and my depression and irritation have increased. I gave her examples of the irritation and she acknowledged them Then she brought up the fact that I am no longer seeing a psychologist and wonders if I want to start up again. I told her no, that I did not get a lot out of it, especially since my depression had worsened. So, now my meds have been upped. She asked if I had been having thoughts about suicide and I said I have, she asked about plans, I told her I had seen a 18 wheeler and was tempted to drive underneath, but was not sure that was a plan or not. Then she gave me a card with the suicide hotline number.

The problem is I have a mental health C&P next month because I requested to have my compensation for my depression raised. It is currently at 30%. I hope I did not mess that up.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

First of all suicide is not the answer. Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem and if you are getting thoughts like this you need to get some help. At least talk to someone that you can trust.

Also suicide will hurt your friends and family more than you will ever know. If you feel that you may act on an impulse you need to forget the suicide number but go straight to the nearest hospital. You are 80% so the VA will have to pay.

If you need to talk to someone you can call me at 214 691 0530. I have been where you are and finally realized that killing myself is not a good remedy and what happens if you don't die but get messed up?

• HadIt.com Elder

Like Pete said...it's not the answer. When that thought creeps up you have to beat it down with a mental mallet. As far as messing your claim up, you did not. That part will be fine.

Hey Huskerfanfl,

I agree with the other Vets here; this is a temporary problem that can be dealt with. Please get the proper assistance for your well being and to spare your love ones any unbearable pain and grief.

I will keep you in my prayers that everything will get better for you and soon.

No suicide thoughts...focus on winning your claim. You have a goal to work on your claim and beat the VA to get what you deserve. Many people your family, friends fellow vets all want you to make it and get the help you need.

You put in for an increase and you are showing more signs and symptoms that it is affecting you more...stop take a breath you want to win your claim, don't do anything but get help asap then work on yourself and your claim...the higher power God, or whoever you believe in has a plan for you and it is not to hurt yourself. Go see a psych DR at VA or local hosp. you need to talk to a professional now top priority. Claim will work out with your help...get help first we all want you to do that now!

I went and saw my VA phsyciatrist yesterday about my meds. Long story short, the meds are not working and my depression and irritation have increased. I gave her examples of the irritation and she acknowledged them Then she brought up the fact that I am no longer seeing a psychologist and wonders if I want to start up again. I told her no, that I did not get a lot out of it, especially since my depression had worsened. So, now my meds have been upped. She asked if I had been having thoughts about suicide and I said I have, she asked about plans, I told her I had seen a 18 wheeler and was tempted to drive underneath, but was not sure that was a plan or not. Then she gave me a card with the suicide hotline number.

The problem is I have a mental health C&P next month because I requested to have my compensation for my depression raised. It is currently at 30%. I hope I did not mess that up.

No suicide thoughts...focus on winning your claim. You have a goal to work on your claim and beat the VA to get what you deserve. Many people your family, friends fellow vets all want you to make it and get the help you need.

You put in for an increase and you are showing more signs and symptoms that it is affecting you more...stop take a breath you want to win your claim, don't do anything but get help asap then work on yourself and your claim...the higher power God, or whoever you believe in has a plan for you and it is not to hurt yourself. Go see a psych DR at VA or local hosp. you need to talk to a professional now top priority. Claim will work out with your help...get help first we all want you to do that now!

Amen

I know that this is an old thread and I apologize in advance for posting to it. However, the bold print is just what I needed to hear today. All sorts of thoughts have been running through my mind and God knows I wont harm myself, my children need me. But I have been so depressed over all of this. Just seems like its never gonna happen. I want to give up but Im too close now.............