Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Glasses

Rate this topic

Pete53

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Pete so glad that you got the new glasses and can see better, BTW: can you do me a favor, I watched the news this AM and I am concerned about you and other fellow vets in the Hot Box of Texas, please stay inside as much as possible as that heat there can do you no good. Keep Ms Pete and the kids inside as much as you can, never thought I would say this but I will try to send you some of the cool air from here in Florida LOL, at least it is cooler than where you are sitting. Take care and God Bless and keep you ALL well.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad you got new specs, and that you can see now. The only time I let the VA do glasses for me, I had the same experience. I only go to private eye docs now.

90%, TDIU P&T

danang:

In Dallas 30% would cut it if your Doc wrote you a consult. They change the regs from time to time it used to be 50% or higher.

My prescription cost me 25 bucks using HMO and my glasses cost 99 bucks. I am happy that I did it.

Don't forget to talk to your Doc about the change. I doubt if its the meds.

Good Luck

Update on my glasses Pete.

When I got the glasses from Walmart, the auto-tint seem not change in the bright sunlight and I also had to back way off from my computer screen to clear everything up and to focus. I had to back off so far I could reach the keyboard or either I had to raise my head up and get about a foot from the screen with the bifocals to focus. The trees going down the road about 200 or 300 yards away were blurred. I called back to the Walmart Vision Center and explained the problem. They told give it few days and the glasses would adjust. I am thinking, I don't hink so. As I got to examining the lens, I discovered that I had different lens materials than my old glasses and found out later from the lady, very much cheaper tint in the new glasses.

This morning my sister went back with me to Walmart, even though I was very weak because my blood oxygen has been dropping much faster and easier with any exertion at all lately. I explained everything to the lady that sold me the glasses and told her all that what was wrong with them. She put the glasses in this UV box and turned it on, kind of like a microwave and sure nuff when she pulled them out, they were dark, I said but they don't turn darken outside and going down the road while driving up here, a 30 mile drive and even as I walked in the store they did not darken. She then confessed they were a different kind of tint. I said, did I not request the same options and same kind of lens that my old glasses had? She said we can remake them for you and I change some things on the tint style. I said the tint is not the only problem, I think with my immobility and a no big confidence vote because you ignored my intial request when I ordered, I will just take a refund. She said well ok, you can't get a refund until the dr. checked your eyes again. I said ok lets get the exam on. So the dr. went through the same proceedure again, you know the drill, is it better here or better here. When he finished, he said well, it shows you got the right prescription the first time, but I'm going to reorder and weaken the lens some, on the main part and the bifocal. I said dr, you have a machine that tells you what prescription I need but you are going to pouch-shoot a prescription, I don't think so. I'll take my money back. They refunded my credit card but I had to eat the 60 dollar exam. They gave me the prescription for the second exam, the pouch-shoot script, which probably has a greater chance to be correct than the first script. I know the first was wrong. What is your take on this? Was I bs'ed or what? I think the dr. or the lady that wrote the glasses up would not admit they screwed up on what he wrote down on the first exam or possible the company that makes the lens did not stay with the completely with the script. They put my old 7 year old lens back in my frames and coming back home I felt I had new glasses on they were so much better than the news ones. The tint also changed like it should. Ain't it lovely. I wonder if they were former VA employees?

Edited by danang_1969

Normally I would jump right into a post on Opthalmics - but if I were to jump in on this one I would have to post about 3 pages long. lol

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Im glad you got your glasses Pete. The VA keeps telling me to select the one in the middle when I need to.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use