VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Won't Request Copies Of Your Civilian Dr's Records!

Rate this question

kenkandu

Question

I am learning so many lesson's about what kind of wool the VA uses to cover our eyes. Government grade with lots of holes in it. I made a few mistakes that I was sure woulde never happen to me. I broke my neck in the service and have lots of residual crap going on with it plus a whole mess of other stuff. This is my third evaluation so you would have thought I would have learned from the first and second request for compensation for my health problems while I was in the Navy. One, I never ask to see what the evaluator was looking at my rating board. (They had not one of my civilian medical records, all I went to for almost 10 years straight was to a civilian medical facility) I did manage to send them some MRI's and some other BS. I went from 50 percent to 60. I know for a fact I should be at 100 percent. My Civilian doctor thinks I should apply for SS asap. I am just like so many other guys and gals out there that just seem to let things go and procrastinate about important things. To be honest with all the headaches I suffer from its like I just don't care. I get CRDP because I did 20. I am going to fight this time and not let the VA just give me some cock n bull story about why I don't rate. I sent them a release to obtain all my medical records from all of my civilian Dr's and just left it up to the VA to get them. Well, I won't make that mistake on my appeal. I am sending a copy of all my records and highlighting anything that has to do with my service related problems. If I have any advice for anyone out there. DO NOT JUST SIT ON YOUR BUTT and expect the VA to help you, you have to get involved with your own claim. and most importantley follow through. I will say that I called and asked about my records during the beginning of my claim and the VA said they had requested my records from my civilian Dr. BS! I went to see my Dr the other day and was going to go over what they must have missed..... they said the VA never requested the files!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Larry

Thank you, now I KNOW why I have drumming in my head all of the time !!!!!!!!!! :P

Drumming in my head........that is a GOOD thing.

Why?

Because the drumming drowns out the little voices that I hear when the little drummer takes a break from drumming.........

get your records.

make copies.

hand carry to va.

make sure the time stamp your records as received.

make them give you copies of the time stamped records.

period.

before you start with "the va is so far away", I've heard it before. You were in the military. They taught you "can do". The above is the only way to ensure the va has your records. period.

Ditto what rdawg said. I'm such a believer in all vets filing their own claims and doing all the leg work themselves (a sense of ownership). Spending a few $$ to get copies is very worth it in the long run than all the stress spent wondering if the VA will ever obtain the copies for you.

Good luck!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

When I have important evidence to give to the VA I do hand carry it to them, and get a date stamped copy. Have you ever seen your C-File at the VA? It is in a big, fat folder. The VA never even looks in it unless you ask for a copy. If the information is not on top of the file folder or in a temporary file for the sake of development of a claim it might as well be at the bottom of Fort Knox. Try and imagine a VARO mailroom. My VARO gets over 10,000 pieces of mail a week. Think of those government employees standing around talking about their pensions and looking at the clock until the next coffee break. That is why your information gets lost or ignored. The VA could not even find my DD214 after 25 years.