Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Over $25,000.00

Rate this topic

kookiebean2001

• HadIt.com Elder

With direct deposit, just keep calling your bank.

As many have seen me post. It took me 40 years to prove my

claim, but I did win in the end.

I tell everyone, never give up.

Always the Best to You!

Betty

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me about a month before it came into my bank...VA said computer problems and it was not entered into Depository in Ok where funds come from...I spoke to them on a tues and they told me that for the 5th time, I called the bank and they told me it had been deposited the day before, on Monday.

My VSO called me at 7:15a.m. about 30 days prior to receiving it to see if I wanted to accept it...was at 30 and went to 50.

Don't hold your breath, but it will show up. The computer system doesn't have any idea what is going on without someone inserting the info. They did a lousy job with mine, but thank heavens somebody could read and insert it in for me.

So were you at 30% or did you get approved for 30%? You had 30% on your site. I went and figured mine out by looking at old rate charts for each year...also if you have a dependent and/or children it changes the amounts monthly for each disability rate too.

It is great to hear when someone finally wins..YIPEE for you!! :P

• HadIt.com Elder

Timing depends on who, what, where, when, why, and how...lol.

I found out about my increase by accident at a MH appt. Called the 800# later that day (Friday) to verify. Sure enough it was correct, and they told me the retro amount that was to be released the following Monday. The next day, Saturday, I went online to check the bank for some other things, and the retro check was already in there! I got the decision letter later the next week, and my first increased payment about 2 weeks later at the first of the following month.

Congrats on a big win!!! Stay patient, it will show up soon.

I was already at 30%, I was going to appeal the November 06 decision and the DRO happened after I called my Congressman. I got a letter on 1 Aug 08, so yes trying to be patient. No one wanted to believe it would happen, still in shock.

GREAT news- I always got the $$ before the award letter came.

Still-as others said- if you have direct deposit -keep checking the bank account.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use