VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Houston..................the Eagle Has Landed!

Rate this topic

LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

Nothing "OFFICIAL" from the VA.........but the Wife was just checking our bank balance before sending some money to our Son....who is right in the path of the lastest hurricane (Gustav, or what ever they are calling it).

Seems there is a WHOLE LOT more money than, well, than we've ever had before, at one time.

That's "OFFICIAL" enough for me, just at the end of a long week and just at the beginning of a long weekend. Just in time, too. We just came back from the postoffice to find our refrigerator had quit.

And, here it is, the weekend. I know that it is the "defrost timer", but on a holiday weekend......oh well, that's what I have those little alligator clips for.....

Hey, I know, I could actually BUY a new fridge!

NAW, my conscience would not let me BUY a NEW fridge, not if I can just install a new timer.

Now, all I've gotta do is worry about the Son. I'm afraid that this "Gustav" is going to be as bad as Katrina/Rita was. It may, or may not, breach any levees, but the NWS says it'll be at least a "Cat. 4" when it hits. I lived down there for many years and I KNOW those Gulf waters quite well, and they shallow and they hot, hot enough for a Cat. 5 outta this "Gustav".

Dumb kid of mine, he had to fall in love with a little Cajun girl and neither she nor her parents are gonna "run" from a little ole storm. If she ain't leavin, he ain't leavin. But, still.........I've been in a couple, one was just a little ole Cat.3 and the only way you could get from the house to the car to get to the "shelter" was to CRAWL. You could NOT stand up.

He's never experienced THAT!

Pray for the folks.

The gubbermint isn't any more equipped for this one, than they were the last one.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

that is great news larry, just wonderful

Nothing "OFFICIAL" from the VA.........but the Wife was just checking our bank balance before sending some money to our Son....who is right in the path of the lastest hurricane (Gustav, or what ever they are calling it).

Seems there is a WHOLE LOT more money than, well, than we've ever had before, at one time.

That's "OFFICIAL" enough for me, just at the end of a long week and just at the beginning of a long weekend. Just in time, too. We just came back from the postoffice to find our refrigerator had quit.

And, here it is, the weekend. I know that it is the "defrost timer", but on a holiday weekend......oh well, that's what I have those little alligator clips for.....

Hey, I know, I could actually BUY a new fridge!

NAW, my conscience would not let me BUY a NEW fridge, not if I can just install a new timer.

Now, all I've gotta do is worry about the Son. I'm afraid that this "Gustav" is going to be as bad as Katrina/Rita was. It may, or may not, breach any levees, but the NWS says it'll be at least a "Cat. 4" when it hits. I lived down there for many years and I KNOW those Gulf waters quite well, and they shallow and they hot, hot enough for a Cat. 5 outta this "Gustav".

Dumb kid of mine, he had to fall in love with a little Cajun girl and neither she nor her parents are gonna "run" from a little ole storm. If she ain't leavin, he ain't leavin. But, still.........I've been in a couple, one was just a little ole Cat.3 and the only way you could get from the house to the car to get to the "shelter" was to CRAWL. You could NOT stand up.

He's never experienced THAT!

Pray for the folks.

The gubbermint isn't any more equipped for this one, than they were the last one.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use