Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Happy Day

Rate this topic

ccmhj

B) Congratulations, brother.... The long journey has finally ended. I know there are so many of us who wait for our day in the spotlight. They say good things take time, but it seems like the VA always like to extend that.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Been 25 years? Have you been fighting with them for 25 years from initially filing? Did you do it yourself, or with a SO?

Congrats for getting 100%. Good to hear when a vet wins!

Hello All,

If this is the wrong thread please remove.................Well today the "big" white packet from the VA came in the mail today!!!

Checked my account and my "award" B) was there. My wife and I have just been crying holding each other and "Thanking the Good Lord"

25 years a long time coming but it's here. To my brothers and sisters that are waiting........I KNOW it's hard but please don't give up!!!

Thank you for letting me vent.

A Fellow Vet

Jim

Jim,

Been 25 years? Have you been fighting with them for 25 years from initially filing? Did you do it yourself, or with a SO?

Congrats for getting 100%. Good to hear when a vet wins!

Thank you all for the well wishes!!

Yes: I was trying to do this on my own.....................my service connected disability is mental. I was ok until I went into the Army ( during the Vietman ERA)

Mental disablity is sometimes very hard to prove but I became ill during my service time on foreign soil. Actually it has been over 30 years!! I got approved for SS about 5 years after I got out. I was too sick to even deal with the VA when I first got out.... their questions was not making sense to me and I probally was not making sense to them B) so in a way I just gave up for a while. ( I did not have the wonderful wife I have now) She has helped me more than I can begin to tell you. However it was the DAV that really got the ball rolling for me................this process took 9 years after I went to the DAV.

So with my experience with the DAV I only have good things to say about them.

Jim

WOW that is great-sounds like hadit is on a roll-many awards lately-

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use