VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fpr Those Of Us That Have Received 100%........

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

All you've got to do is IRIS your local VARO and tell them that you want this:

Edited by LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

IXNAY THE DARN THING........HOW DO I MAKE THIS THING DISAPPEAR?

SORRY, BOUYS AND GULLS. I was going along quite well, had "IT" posted and everything, went back in to edit it........POOF. MY DSL BIT THE DUST. Seems one of our more, shall we say, "challenged drivers" (read here: recent immigrants from south of the border, down Mexico way) ran into the telephone connection box in our alley. Now, I can't remember where I hid my form that I had originally posted.

DARN MODERN-DAY TECHONOLOGY---------three, THREE hard drives on one computer being operated by ONE old geezer.

Any, what "IT" was, was my letter from my VARO telling "To Whom It May Concern" that:

"The following certificate is furnished for your use in obtaining commissary store and exchange privileges from the Armed Forces.

This is to certify that LarryJ is an honorable-discharged veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps and has a service-connected disability(ies) evaluted at 100 percent. The veteran has not been scheduled for future examinations.

Signed,

Sande Jones

Veterans Service Center Manager"

Anyway, that is all there was to "IT", and I just wanted to remind those that are 100% not to forget about it. I can drive to the NAS Ft. Worth and bring back enough "goodies" to "make my day"!

sorry for all the intrigue....

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Great post Larry. Just take that paper to your nearest National Guard Armory or military base and they will issue you and your dependants an ID card for use onthe BASES. It is also good for recreational venues on the bases. Remember things you buy at the Exchanges are tax free. You will save A lot of money at the commissary, especially on meats as the plot to jack up meat prices due to e coli hype is in full swing.

I saw another post about Veterans Vacation Club. This card also entitles you to that.

Looks just like a military ID card 9 (Dependants issue)

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Motels and hotels also give better rates when you show the ID Card.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Motels and hotels also give better rates when you show the ID Card.

Yeah, that's right, I forgot that they (hotels and motels) have "the gubbermint rate"! Tanks fer reminding me.

Chief Joseph

I googled that address * came up with a form "Statement in support of claim"

Then tried it again & nothing happened & said address was wrong.

Also, what's the IRIS address one sends this to.

Thank U

GARY

gdsnide