Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Nod Approved

Rate this topic

SgtD6970

I had filed for lung cancer agent orange related and was disapproved, I filed a nod in Jan 08 and received my approval Sept 11, 08. I was adwarded 100 percent from Oct 06 - thru Oct 07 then it went back to the 60 percent I had for other items pending a C&P for residuals of the cancer, I had that C&P on Sept 11th. Now we will just have to see what they rate that at.....but the main thing is I got the lung cancer approved and won mu NOD and of course they owe me some back pay which is hard to figure out how much based on my drawing retired pay and cdrp, but I think it will be a good hunk of change. Sgt D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippee- sorry for the disability you have due to AO- but glad they comped you for it!

This is a good example of how the Nehmer decision works-they gave you some good retro on the EED-

Sgt did they ever list the cancer as NSC in any old past decision you got?

In some cases they owed mega years of retro for some AO disabilities that were previously listed as NSC in old ratings.

Do you have the potential for SMC?

100% for AO SC lung cancer-

plus 60 % or more SC for any other independent SC (like IVDS, Hearing loss etc-equals SMC.

I have vet who also is trying to figure out CDRP CRSC stuff- it is confusing-

I dont really know if AO disability is combat related for CRSC but then again- it was a weapon of mass destruction-

Relax and enjoy this Victory!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use