Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally A Win For A Hadit Member

Rate this topic

Rockhound

VSO called me this morning to give me the good news. Bitter/sweet as it is. My claim for an increase of my 0% SC Nasal fracture with Deviated Septum, has been increased to 10%. I was hoping for 30%, but that was a stretch at best. 10% is what I expected and could prove at this time. I'm glad they at least recognised I was having breathing problems through my nasal passages. But I felt since I had to continually take a corticosteriod and a antihistamine, that it met the higher 30% schedule for disabilities. But I am happy for now and will further document my ongoing condition and seek a more probative IMO in the future, when I have been able to put some of my award aside to pay the costs needed.

But first I need to have a bit more patience and wait for my award letter and first check, to see if I get to keep my back pay and future pay and it doesn't go to pay a bill owing on my co-pay or that they decide to hold back my pay until such time that the severance pay I got thirtyfive years ago, is paid back as I am sure they probably will, making it necessary for me to ask that they, for reason of hardship or what ever, to forgive me this amount. At 10% it would take about six years to pay back the severance amount I got back then.

I guess knowing you have won something, but not knowing how much and when you will get it, is going to be worse than the last nine months of waiting. Will post again as soon as the award letter arrives with what they have decided.

Rockhound Rider B) :D :) :rolleyes::lol: ;) :(

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a start. I am glad you got into the system at least. Remember you can file a NOD within 1 year of this award. So after you get it look over your evidence and see what documentation you have and can receive and proceed. It starts with one step, one win, and it proceeds upward. Have a good day, and don't be alarmed if it takes a month to get any $$. :rolleyes:

Probably retro back to the day of the claim Rocky-the re-opened claim that is-

This might definitely be a CUE factor-too-even though it isnt what you want-still- the foot is in the DOOR!!!!!!!!!

Meaning CUE if they denied this exact claim before and that specific denial is final, it could be a valid CUE claim-hard to say yet- the decision will tell you more-----

CONGRATS! EVERY Victory is a VICTORY!

You can NOD it with evidenxce to try and get more too-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congrats to you. :(

Waiting is hard. 20 year retro payment 30 % (about 39 days now). I know my case is unusal (Under success stories). I am still doing research plotting my next step. All I hear from the V.A. is it's going to be big. I think they are trying to add in my convalescene rating. I had complications after surgery for 2 years, so I need to see how they handle that.

VSO called me this morning to give me the good news. Bitter/sweet as it is. My claim for an increase of my 0% SC Nasal fracture with Deviated Septum, has been increased to 10%. I was hoping for 30%, but that was a stretch at best. 10% is what I expected and could prove at this time. I'm glad they at least recognised I was having breathing problems through my nasal passages. But I felt since I had to continually take a corticosteriod and a antihistamine, that it met the higher 30% schedule for disabilities. But I am happy for now and will further document my ongoing condition and seek a more probative IMO in the future, when I have been able to put some of my award aside to pay the costs needed.

But first I need to have a bit more patience and wait for my award letter and first check, to see if I get to keep my back pay and future pay and it doesn't go to pay a bill owing on my co-pay or that they decide to hold back my pay until such time that the severance pay I got thirtyfive years ago, is paid back as I am sure they probably will, making it necessary for me to ask that they, for reason of hardship or what ever, to forgive me this amount. At 10% it would take about six years to pay back the severance amount I got back then.

I guess knowing you have won something, but not knowing how much and when you will get it, is going to be worse than the last nine months of waiting. Will post again as soon as the award letter arrives with what they have decided.

Rockhound Rider :D :) :) :rolleyes::lol: ;) B)

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.

2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.

3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.

4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

6. Do the math. Count your blessings.

7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.

9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

10. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.

11. The most important things in your home are the people.

12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.

15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use