VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Detroit Varo Caught With C_files In Shred Bin

Rate this question

71M10

Question

Greetings all:

If your from Michigan you might want to read this story from over on VA watchdog

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfoct08/nf101308-1.htm

If your from the great state of Michigan not only do you get one of the largest backlogs by number and percentage you get to wonder if your stuff was sent to the shredder.

I'm glad that I saw my c-file at a C&P last week, Not sure everything is in it but at least the whole thing isn't in a shred bin.

Really makes you wonder how much of this is incompetence and how much is planned and deliberate.

Best regards,

Tyler

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

As Larry (VA Watchdog)said-no one knows the entent of this and even if veteran's files were actually shredded-because in that case they were gone anyhow-by the time of the VA OIG investigation-

a good reason to ALWAYS follow up in your claim via Iris- and get the response by email or snail mail haRD COPY PROOF-

In 2005 a OGC report revealed VA employees told the IG many times- they didnt have the time to fully read and assess claims properly-

the quota system made them mass produce denial after denial to save time-

one of the comments at Watchdog said this info should be sent to every newspaper-

I am sending it to the WAshington Post-

I think we should all contact our local newspapers and see if they will run this information-

the worst is yet to come-

in my opinion- we only know of 2 VAROs and I sure think the IG has more on their list than that.

I am going to contact the IG and try to get Buffalo on that list-

I am disgusted-

but not surprised-every Senator and COngressman should be in an uproar about this-

and the hearings will hopefully get to the bottom of it all-

What good is the work of veterans and advocates like all of you here- helping vets to get thru the VA claims maze-when the VA itself does not care.

I am almost finished with the statement the BVA said I could make to the VA on behalf of my claim-

I again listed and enclosed the evidence-I had also gotten much more since the last time the DRO handled my claim-

and I stated emphatically that one page that part of my statement (maybe all of it) was going to the House Vets Committee- to show them step by step how the VA can continuously ignore evidence to deny a claim.

In my case they even had help from my POA.

We all have to be sure that the VA not only acknowledges our evidence but that they read it and mention it in the SOC.

Yesterday I briefly expanded in my response to the AMC- on a "missing" Peer Review FTCA report a VA doctor (and Medical Center Director) in 1995-prepared mere months after I filed FTCA-which supported the malpractice-

the VA instread said it was "missing" and strung that claim out for years.

I found the "missing" report in my C file-and all the other missing stuff- proof positive that- much of our stuff isnt 'destroyed' but instead 'removed'from the C file until they deny the claim.Then they put it back in.

I just gave Washingtopn Post a story- and it is on another matter important to vets-the results of months of investigation I did-

I am sending them this one today-the Watchdog link-

Watchdog wants this newest VA fiasco out all over the nation-

You all deserve MUCH better treatment than this from the very entity that your service created.

THEY owe YOU.

And the entire US of A should read in the news of how piss poor you all get treated by VA in their claims process.

Edited by Berta

This is going out to all vet orgs so fast-I cant believe it-

the suggestion is for all to contact media outlets with the story-

this supports what vets have been saying for years-

and what our men and women serving today can expect down the road-if it isnt changed-

has anyone here contacted Cnn or any of the major networks?

Greetings all:

If your from Michigan you might want to read this story from over on VA watchdog

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfoct08/nf101308-1.htm

If your from the great state of Michigan not only do you get one of the largest backlogs by number and percentage you get to wonder if your stuff was sent to the shredder.

I'm glad that I saw my c-file at a C&P last week, Not sure everything is in it but at least the whole thing isn't in a shred bin.

Really makes you wonder how much of this is incompetence and how much is planned and deliberate.

Best regards,

Tyler

These poor people, that are worried about getting approved are now worrying if the even have a claims file or medical records, PETE53 thanks for making me get a copy of my c-file I never knew how important that could be, my god they're purposefully destroying soldiers claims that are like me in dire straights..

These poor people, that are worried about getting approved are now worrying if the even have a claims file or medical records, PETE53 thanks for making me get a copy of my c-file I never knew how important that could be, my god they're purposefully destroying soldiers claims that are like me in dire straights..

I fear my neighbor may have caught the worst of this.

He filed in March of 2007 for AO presumptive cancer and has been deemed terminal. With his claim he turned in a copy of his discharge papers which show an honorable discharge and service in Vietnam (boots on ground). His current cancer treatement is provided by VA(private insurance expired in 2007) and he had his C&P appointment Last year. His cancer is on the presumptive list.

I fear we will see a lot more records go missing since the law is changing on the claim dying with the veteran. Since waiting a person out will no longer work they will need to find more reasons to outright deny (missing records).

It ought to be real fun to try to get an appointment to review ones C-file in Detroit now.

Best regards,

Tyler

"fear we will see a lot more records go missing since the law is changing on the claim dying with the veteran. Since waiting a person out will no longer work they will need to find more reasons to outright deny (missing records)."

That is quite a comment-ZIM10 ---I forgot about the new way death claims are to be handled-

Tyler-this AO vets widow is entitled to the survivorship ramifications of Nehmer-

a horrible thought- but all of his next of kin are in event the widow dies too while claim is in process.

Under Nehmer if the VA awards they HAVE to pay someone the accrued money.

I am from Ohio. You guessed it. My claim was originally adjudicated thru VARO Detroit and denied. Now I know what they used in the men's room during the last paper shortage.