Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had It Huh?

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

:angry: everytime i posted something. People look at the information than say they going to help. Than disappears and never hear back from any one.

It will seem that if you havent "serviced" the military for !years! and than got hurt or not an !war! vet, you cant get help here. Not like those people whom severed years or was in a war.

I think thats bull and prejudice. I here you all scream "I want to do for all vets and screamin this and that. Like you sooooooooooo pro vet. But when it comes down to it you could careless about the vets whom only service only a few months.

Its like "you just trying to get something free". Thats BULL to. Not all vets trying to get a hand-out. SOme really got hurt. Like me. But when us few-months-vets try to get help.

We are treat like second-hand vets. Because we didnt stay in long or didnt lose a freakin limb or leg. We are the vets whom are always put on the back burner before all other vets. the ones whom have to fight extra extra hard to even get a 10% rating. the ones whom have to appeal fifty thousand times to get a even birds eye view of your c file. Can you all See US? Thats wrong.

I wonder if I would have just plain out lied about my service years or being a war vet. Would I have gotten some help for you all FOREAL????

Yes, I pissed. I pissed at how us few-month-vets are not getting help from this site like all the other vets (whom could be potentially lying about their years or war, hell george bush did). I have read all the forums posted 89% of the posts done by few-month-vets are left unanswered, forgotten,laugh at, or plain olde mis-direct on what to do. And I hope that all vet that do this to us go ___________ and rot.

Hell its more non vets and spouses of vets helping vets out more then vets. hows that for laughs..........lol......

So if I get banned from the group because of my thoughts, its a crying shame......................because it is what it is, the truth......

So dont talk about it BE ABOUT IT!!!! Help your fellow VEt!! ALL OF THEM

Edited by lamontino

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

well, its a long story but i have old postes still in this forum. I am now at the cva. Now i have an attorney.

After all these years and when my claim got to bva (which they denied my claim) they finally told me in layman terms why i was being denied. "I never appealed the 1987 decision"

Never in any other letter was that a facture or stated in any RO, supplement, or letter that that was the issue. IF it was, I would have clearly clear that up that I never received a letter from them in 1987 denying my claim or if i even gotten a rating, never.

I didnt know until last year that all these years why i was being denied. I could have provide them (which they (VA) HAD ON RECORD that they was sending mail to the wrong address) the letter i wrote to the VA in 1987 telling them that i was homless and giving them and where i was living.

well, the DOA paperwork didnt contain that document. but they mailed it to me in 2004 in my request for document. Mysteriously those paperwork wasnt in the DOA paperwork submitted to the cva.

And strangly, my psychlogical paperwork appeared out of no where in the DOA (VA claim they never had it).

I just feel i been givin the round around all my fight to get benefit rightfully and legally im entitled to. But because of my service time, I having to fight extra long and hard before I get the justice.

My claim was first approve than mysteriously the VA decided they didnt like the comp and penison dication. so three months later, without me knowing or getting a notice that they was requesting more info., the comp doc change his opinion.

It just upsets me to see the country doing all they can for war-vets and vets whom been in the serive for years better than us few-vet. COme on you got to know what im talking about!

I been disable since i got out the military even applied for ssa and got approved. How can a 17 year old go from fit and trim to lost and disabled. Not know how or what made him disabled?

Now that I have grown up and connect the dots on how, when and what. I cant get justice.

I guantee it my friend if you talk or chat with a few-month vet they will tell you that im telling the truth.

Just I am more out spoken about how i feel. the Va looks at few-months vet like "treat them with extreme prejudice". Than when you join a group to get help and I have had a few good pointers put was left with the wolves.

I just think if one is really here to help there shouldnt be an division of prejudiced against a vets service to the country.

I am 40 years old now, and I am not getting younger. I would like to sow just like the other vets

I hope my dision to hire a attorney was the right choice. Even though I did all the foot work. Now he gets to reap from me by qutoing the law

OK lets try it again. State it and give me a chance to look it over. I will help you or tell you that I do not know how to help. Just calm down.

well, its a long story but i have old postes still in this forum. I am now at the cva. Now i have an attorney.

After all these years and when my claim got to bva (which they denied my claim) they finally told me in layman terms why i was being denied. "I never appealed the 1987 decision"

Never in any other letter was that a facture or stated in any RO, supplement, or letter that that was the issue. IF it was, I would have clearly clear that up that I never received a letter from them in 1987 denying my claim or if i even gotten a rating, never.

I didnt know until last year that all these years why i was being denied. I could have provide them (which they (VA) HAD ON RECORD that they was sending mail to the wrong address) the letter i wrote to the VA in 1987 telling them that i was homless and giving them and where i was living.

well, the DOA paperwork didnt contain that document. but they mailed it to me in 2004 in my request for document. Mysteriously those paperwork wasnt in the DOA paperwork submitted to the cva.

And strangly, my psychlogical paperwork appeared out of no where in the DOA (VA claim they never had it).

I just feel i been givin the round around all my fight to get benefit rightfully and legally im entitled to. But because of my service time, I having to fight extra long and hard before I get the justice.

My claim was first approve than mysteriously the VA decided they didnt like the comp and penison dication. so three months later, without me knowing or getting a notice that they was requesting more info., the comp doc change his opinion.

It just upsets me to see the country doing all they can for war-vets and vets whom been in the serive for years better than us few-vet. COme on you got to know what im talking about!

I been disable since i got out the military even applied for ssa and got approved. How can a 17 year old go from fit and trim to lost and disabled. Not know how or what made him disabled?

Now that I have grown up and connect the dots on how, when and what. I cant get justice.

I guantee it my friend if you talk or chat with a few-month vet they will tell you that im telling the truth.

Just I am more out spoken about how i feel. the Va looks at few-months vet like "treat them with extreme prejudice". Than when you join a group to get help and I have had a few good pointers put was left with the wolves.

I just think if one is really here to help there shouldnt be an division of prejudiced against a vets service to the country.

I am 40 years old now, and I am not getting younger. I would like to sow just like the other vets

I hope my dision to hire a attorney was the right choice. Even though I did all the foot work. Now he gets to reap from me by qutoing the law

First let me say the if your denial was based upon a mix up by the VA in 1987 and that same mix up was not disclosed to you until you got to the court, the decision to hire an attorney is one of the best decisions you have ever made. He or she will have the legal know-how to maybe get this thing awarded with much back pay.

As to your anger it is understood. However, keep in mind that even us 20 year war vets are treated the same as you by the VA. If you are not part of the VA political manuver group (iraq/afghan vets) then you are left out in left field all by your self no matter if you served on month or twenty years.

As to you anger at this site: this site, since I have been on it and that has been a while, does not turn its head on anyone. We have vets that served just the min time to obtain benefits, we have widows of vets etc...... all are treated the same - they are treated as human beings with a little special touch for being a vet or the loved one of a vet. Now you may not have heard what you wanted to hear, that which we all want to hear "hey yes you will win your claim" but that does not mean we have turned our backs on you.

As your claim is now at the court, it is apparent that no matter what did or said would have made any difference to the VA - your claim was destined to be denied by them. Let your attorney work the issue for he or she holds the legal degree. However, come back to Hadit for moral support for regardless of what you think at this point there are many terrific people here. Calm down abit and I know that is hard for this VA road will wear one down quickly. God bless you and I wish you the best of luck at the court.

I will review your old posts to see if I can find any issue for you to discuss with your attorney that may assist you. However, keep in mind I am not an attorney and any thing that I say is simply based upon my personal opinion.

• Founder

i hear your anger and all i can say is that everyone here is a volunteer, sometimes as betty says you just need to be persistent.

:angry: everytime i posted something. People look at the information than say they going to help. Than disappears and never hear back from any one.

It will seem that if you havent "serviced" the military for !years! and than got hurt or not an !war! vet, you cant get help here. Not like those people whom severed years or was in a war.

I think thats bull and prejudice. I here you all scream "I want to do for all vets and screamin this and that. Like you sooooooooooo pro vet. But when it comes down to it you could careless about the vets whom only service only a few months.

Its like "you just trying to get something free". Thats BULL to. Not all vets trying to get a hand-out. SOme really got hurt. Like me. But when us few-months-vets try to get help.

We are treat like second-hand vets. Because we didnt stay in long or didnt lose a freakin limb or leg. We are the vets whom are always put on the back burner before all other vets. the ones whom have to fight extra extra hard to even get a 10% rating. the ones whom have to appeal fifty thousand times to get a even birds eye view of your c file. Can you all See US? Thats wrong.

I wonder if I would have just plain out lied about my service years or being a war vet. Would I have gotten some help for you all FOREAL????

Yes, I pissed. I pissed at how us few-month-vets are not getting help from this site like all the other vets (whom could be potentially lying about their years or war, hell george bush did). I have read all the forums posted 89% of the posts done by few-month-vets are left unanswered, forgotten,laugh at, or plain olde mis-direct on what to do. And I hope that all vet that do this to us go ___________ and rot.

Hell its more non vets and spouses of vets helping vets out more then vets. hows that for laughs..........lol......

So if I get banned from the group because of my thoughts, its a crying shame......................because it is what it is, the truth......

So dont talk about it BE ABOUT IT!!!! Help your fellow VEt!! ALL OF THEM

Lamontino: If you look at my stats below my Avatar, you will see that I have posted nearly 500 posts dealing mostly with my insistance that they made an CUE'ble error in my claim. Well the stats are not quite accurate. I used to be a member under Jim or Jim S. long before Jan 2008 but my computer had a melt down and by the time I got back online, I found I needed to sign on again with a new log in name.

Suffice it to say, there were times and their still is when some of my posts are ignored, some probably rightfully so, Since I didn't word them right and as a question that anyone could make sense of. Getting angry I have found does no one any good, most of all the person who is angry. If I had such a chip on my shoulder with anyone or everyone who I felt has slighted me, I wouldn't get anything accomplished other than having people not what to either talk with me or even be around me.

It has taken me now nearly five years just to begin to understand that it is not so much my claim that is wrong, it was my thinking as to what my problems really was. Before I thought I had Schizophrenia and still may well have it, but I have come to reallize that my real problems stems from a minor cerebral concussion I got when I fell and fractured my nasal bone.

I'm not saying your problems aren't what you think they are, it's more how I came across to those who were trying to help me better understand both myself and my problems as well as the Claims process. Nearly 500 posts and not all were answered and not all were answered the way I was hoping they would be.

If you can understand my meaning when I say this. "You can not get the Honey if the Bee can't get the necter". and another would be, "To the patient man, all things will come. It took me 35 plus years, a whole lot more understanding of the claims process, to finally get just a little taste of the prize to build on. That is a 10% increase on my only SC injury at this time. But it has led to a path that, given time and a lot of work that 10% will increase yet more due to secondary contitions and a path that I strongly believe will finally SC me for my major problem and either 100% in time or TDIU till then.

Hang in there, swallow your anger, keep posting, even if you have to maybe refrase your questions, eventually what you write will trigger a response from someone who has some knowledge or experience that will help you with what you need. Again. don't expect 100% response every time you post. take from me, it ain't going to happen. but don't give up, keep posting till you fingers grow numb if you have to. Let them rest awhile and go at it again.

I know people look at my long responses and know their eyes are rolling back in their heads and they are probably groaning, Not Rockhound again. LoL But that's OK I've got problems on top of problems and being long winded is one of them I guess.

Hang tough, even though your at the CVA, keep after evidence to support your claim, just in case they rule against you, so that you will have new and material evidence to reopen your claim again. Remember, any evidence gathered at this stage, you'll want to make sure that it is new and material and not just comulitive of old evidence.

Sorry for the paper back reply, your not alone with posts that have gone unanswered. Again, hang in there and keep posting till you do.

Rockhound Rider a.k.a. Jim a.k.a. Jim S. :angry:

• HadIt.com Elder

I did a little backtracking and I discovered that I am to blame for this malfunction. It seems that I flaked out again. :P Too many irons in the fire, I guess. I apologize lamontino, but please realize that my life has been very hectic lately due to my disabilities and medical retirement. I also have one of those pesky MH conditions that keeps me from concentrating for long periods of time. I found your other post where you put your decision letter (as I requested :angry: ), and I should have some time to give it serious attention tomorrrow. I will need a reminder though, so please pm me to shake me to reality. As was said before, you need to be persistent. Ask more than one person, and try to learn as much of this stuff as you are capable of. No one cares as much about your claim as you do. That isn't becuase your a short time vet, or a non-combat vet, or a (insert race, religion, creed, national origin, sex, etc. here) vet...it's just because that's the way it is.

lamontino,

Just for the Hadit record:

Since June 3, 2007 you have started 14 threads that produced 296 replies.

Now the 14 threads may have had twists and turns in them but this surely

shows that people have replied to your threads.

It makes no difference to Hadit if you'r retired military, a short timer, even an OTH,

people will help out here as they can.

carlie