VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Veterans Documentary Wants Oef/oif Veterans

Rate this question

ITBSteve

Question

Hey all,

We are trying to get the word out across America with a new documentary about what veterans go through after they come back. We're now looking for veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan who have interesting stories from the homefront. This could mean anything from overcoming an injury to struggling financially, from overmedication to overcoming PTSD, and anything else that shows the sacrifice you guys make for us.

We've already done a bunch of episodes you can check out at InTheirBoots.com, it's a nonpartisan series whose only goal is to get attention to your cause.

Can't wait to hear from you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve

InTheirBoots.com

sschrenzel@bravenewfoundation.org

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i mind.why don't they ask all vets.why draw a line.we vietnam vets would like to know that.

these guys pm'd me and then ignored me when i told hem i was not oif or oef...but my problems are the same,just ignored.

• HadIt.com Elder

We support our newest generation of vets, too. But it does seem that the rest of us are forgotten. What about the Gulf War, and Panama, Haiti, Somalia, and Bosnia? Just because we're not currently in the limelight doesn't mean that we didn't do our part and that we're not suffering. We don't do these things for the recognition, or to have documentaries made about us. We do it because we know it has to be done, and we know that no one else will.

Good luck with your project. Maybe you can do a all-encompassing documentary on veterans in the future.

I echo what my fellow Hadit members have said. Why single out a particular group of vets? Are the rest of us not important enough?? Is it because what we've been through is not splashed all over the evening news?

Vets are vets are vets. The younger generations have much to learn.

I echo what my fellow Hadit members have said. Why single out a particular group of vets? Are the rest of us not important enough?? Is it because what we've been through is not splashed all over the evening news?

Vets are vets are vets. The younger generations have much to learn.

I wish I could have said this first, is there a difference? Yes and No, wait about 5 or 10 years then will be the same when your left with the scars of battle and injuries of service and you find out your claim may have been shredded and your next to liven on the Street or already on the street and nobody could give 2 poops if you died tomorrow on the street. One day this will be over and it will be no longer that we have walked in their shoes but they will be walking in mine. Will you still want to here there story? When you richard sacks come around you piss me off every time....I got a good story for ya and so does so does others here. When you folks come round its as if the New guy is more Holy, what your doing is giving false hope things will be handed to them from a system we all continue to fight every day. HEY! I got a great idea wont you hit the homeless shelters I bet you could find some there willing to talk to you about the great time there having. When your yesterdays news you are set a drift. We care about all VETS here and this is where we come for help. I am glad they don't pick and choose who they decide to help here because it looks as if I would still be a loan.......

Edited by rentalguy1

• HadIt.com Elder

Steve, from the looks of these replys, I dont think these folks like the idea of presenting for interview. The main reasons are well posted. I know for a fact that the News headlines state Iraqui Freeedom this and that. I am not opposed to that.

In World War 2 we lost 400,000 souls to battle along with millions injured.

In Viet Nam we lost 40 thousand souls and around 200,000 injured.

I dont know how many were lost in GW1,

GW2 we have lost around 4000 souls with thousands more injured.

Why single out a spacific group? War is deadly and we all have made sacrifices on one way or the other. We deal with it on a daily basis.

Everyone on this board has made sacrafices. Most do not want to talk about it. Now if you ask them for a funny story from their service days then you may get some replies.

I believe you would be better off soliciting the Verteran Service Organizations for some Gung Ho folks to talk.

J

All i think he is trying to do is get a message out there, in America look how quick the average citizen forgets major events, ask someone what 9-11 means, some may look at there watch, some may say they don't know, but people have placed it out of there minds. Americans like to live the dream and not be confronted with the nightmares of the past. Steve is using a current group of people like Iraq war vets because that is still fresh in peoples minds. I'm sure he is not discriminating against any other vet, but is using a tactic that is more efficent at getting his message out there. So ease up, people are out there trying to help us, maybe its not your war there displaying but they are out there for vets, and a vet is a vet no matter what war.

GW1-- close to 200 deaths

Vietnam -- over 60,000 deaths that were confirmed, there are still many missing

And what about Gettysburg? A vet is always and will always be a vet not matter what war he or she has fought in.