Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss

Rate this question

roadking

Question

Hello All, I Have been going through my active duty med records and found that when I had my induction physical for the navy my hearing was fine. fast forward 3 years and had a hearing test when I was changing commands they noted hearing loss on the report for medical examination plus I have copies of both audiometer readouts. I was a pit snipe down 3 main on the JFK CV 67. As of present my hearing is not to good do you think I can make a claim for service connection for hearing loss.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I as well,have the same thing,when I went Into navy,hearing Is good,however I was rated for hearing loss, at 0,I have never filed a claim as va states ...O is the correct rating,file for Tinnitus,you,ll get 10%,also apply spouse, If married,your check,without the raise,should be about,220 per month, keep the 0 as 0,you never know when va might change,and 0 might come In handy regs do change

Disabled Vet, The first thing a Vet does is to check out the percentages when they are considering filing a claim. Everyone should know the pay schedule for disabilities. It is common knowledge that dependants do not get added until you reach the 30 percent threshold.

I suggest you take some time to do a little studying on the Hadit home page.

WE appreciate relplies to posts but we also request that asnwers be correct in their structure and a person should be able to to substantiate an answer either by a regulation, or by other acceptable means.

John

I have at present Hearing Aids for both ears & had put in for Tinnutis.

Never was told I was rated at 10% for Tinnutis till I found it in my C File I sent for.

But,I'm 100% T & P so guess it really doesn't matter

GARY