VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t And Iu

Rate this question

Will

Question

I am still a little confused. Last February I was granted IU. The award letter I got stated that NO FUTURE EXAM WILL BE SCHEDULED. I always thought with this in an award letter that it is P&T not IU, but according to VA I am not P&T , they said I am I&U. Is this true? and will I continue to collect this for remainder of life? Also should I consider applying for P&T? any feedback much appreciated.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am still a little confused. Last February I was granted IU. The award letter I got stated that NO FUTURE EXAM WILL BE SCHEDULED. I always thought with this in an award letter that it is P&T not IU, but according to VA I am not P&T , they said I am I&U. Is this true? and will I continue to collect this for remainder of life? Also should I consider applying for P&T? any feedback much appreciated.

I shared the same confusion lol!

I have the same rating and when I was awarded such, I wrote the VARO and asked them for a "Letter" to prove was P&T.

In response, I got two (2) Letters from them.

The first Letter states the veteran is rated 100% TDIU, representing Total Disability.

The second Letter states the veteran is service-connected at 70%, which was determined permanent in nature.

~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Will, if it says "no future exam will be scheduled" you are P&T. You should get this for the rest of your life, with annual COLA increases. No application for P&T should be necessary.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

While no application for P&T status may be necessary, sometimes a letter of clarification of P&T status is required to obtain Chapter 35 benefits. The ChampVA and DEA sections of the VBA need to see the actual words P&T to know that you are actually P&T before they award benefits. The C&P section of the VBA never uses those exact words, and always prefers to use the phrase "no future exams to be scheduled." Some of the Chapter 35 sections are smart enough to figure it, but some are not. All in all, it's another VA racket that they pull on vets daily.