Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Is It Really P&t

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Shane.

Continuity of treatment is required. If a vet stops getting treatment, boom, here comes an exam. Stopping treatment is considered a red flag.

J

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Well stated, I agree with being proactive. With IU as any other compensation, we have to keep the hard earned medical care benefits working for us and of course use the difficult VA regulations on whathaveyou. Dont give up or give in. I'm a vet with 'health impaired' life, not a 'VA' life.

Cg'up!

I'm sorry, Jon, but I totally disagree with that statement. We have complete control over what they do with our ratings. We HAVE to continue seeking medical care for our disabilities. We HAVE to continue to order our prescribed medications for our disabilities in a timely manner. We HAVE to continue to send in the employment forms in a timely manner. We HAVE to know the current status of our disabilities, as well as the current rating criteria. If we stay on top of all these things, then they cannot take our ratings away because they will have no ammunition to use against us. We have to stay one step ahead of them at all times. That does not mean that we should spend every waking hour worrying about it. It means that we need to empower ourselves so they cannot turn our lives upside down.
Edited by cowgirl

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use