Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Chief

Rate this question

dannydad

Question

fox news just reported that gen eric k shinseki will be appt as VA chief.do we know any thing about him????yes, he was fired by the whitehouse a few years back. BIG Question is he going to suport the troops???????

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

James Peake wore the uniform for 42 years and was a RVN (era) vet himself. Gordon Mansfield also wore the uniform, and was is a combat disabled veteran. Jim Nicholson wore the uniform for 30 years, and was a RVN combat vet. Lastly, Anthony Pricipi was a RVN navy vet. I don't think that any of them could be counted as friends of the disabled veteran community, but they all wore the uniform.

I believe your statement is accurate, but Shinseki is widely known for being principled. He obviously is not a person who would be afraid to tell the emperor he was wearing no clothes. I'm going to be positive about this selection until I see him being ineffective and hopefully that will not occur.

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

Why does Obama think we need an ex-general officer (probably West Point) in charge of the VA? Maybe he will have the guts to speak up, but judging from what happened to him last time, maybe not. I would rather have a very experienced medical person with administrative ability who is not military. I had enough of that military mind when I was a soldier (suck it up).

• HadIt.com Elder
James Peake wore the uniform for 42 years and was a RVN (era) vet himself. Gordon Mansfield also wore the uniform, and was is a combat disabled veteran. Jim Nicholson wore the uniform for 30 years, and was a RVN combat vet. Lastly, Anthony Pricipi was a RVN navy vet. I don't think that any of them could be counted as friends of the disabled veteran community, but they all wore the uniform.

I disagree as I think that Principi was best Sec since my initial contact with VA in 1991. I think Bush sacked him cause he was to pro Vet

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I disagree as I think that Principi was best Sec since my initial contact with VA in 1991. I think Bush sacked him cause he was to pro Vet

I like the fact that he does have a backbone, making his views known without fear of repercussions. I am confident (hopeful) that this administration is going to be Vet (disabled or not) friendly. The veteran service organizations will need to keep the heat on Obama and Shinseki to back up what he promised. I think Shinseki will have a lot of freedom to do what he feels needs to be done. With that said, who knows what his thoughts are on disabled vets and our challenges.

Mags

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

Why does Obama think we need an ex-general officer (probably West Point) in charge of the VA? Maybe he will have the guts to speak up, but judging from what happened to him last time, maybe not. I would rather have a very experienced medical person with administrative ability who is not military. I had enough of that military mind when I was a soldier (suck it up).

Sorry wings i got the info from "Wikipedia" and yes John999 I feel the same until he proves me different I have mixed feelings it will be the General Patton deal with the glove across the face and suck it up attitude....

I saw on another post how odd is it that a US Gen ret, a Hawaiian Japanese would be appointed as Obama's VA Chief on this day 67 years ago Japanese Attacked and crushed Pearl Harbor..We have coma a long way as a country,lol....

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."