Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Hearing Has Been Set

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

As most of you know my claim and issues surrounding it, I was under the impression that the rater would rate it because he has it in hand to rate. I was told by a very reliable source this person that has my claim is the "grand poobah" of raters and instructs other all across the US on how to rate claims.. I was notified that my hearing is to be held next month. I took one hell of a screwing from the RO last time on my original claim the first time and have the fax to back it up and some, this time....The denial wrote for me was so bad it completely disregarded evidence and by reading it I knew it was full of out of the air lies and as the VA calls it "Factual Errors" and it wasn't till I came to hadit that I was able to prove it with loads of help. How am I to conduct me self when my first reaction is to attack for purposelly doing what they did to me. It looks like I will be with a VFW SO and possibly a member from here. Any help on this would be most helpful....Thanks so much for you that have helped me get this far and pushing me when I had given up....Now I need help, I am now going in to fight the big fight........Thank you...Rich

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anger and attacks will get you know where, have your facts outlined on a pad of paper and go down the list your SO should do most of the talking do not get into a shouting match with the RO that will not advance your issues at all, I am guessing you are talking that you have a BVA hearing set, or is it a DRO hearing?

Have any additional evidence available for the hearing that you don't think made it into your C File, and that the BVA Judge may not have to base their decision on. I wish I knew more to tell you, but my claim has been on appeal since July 2003 and I am finaly getting my first BVA hearing on Feb 4, 2009 I have a lawyer involved in it now, and she has been since they redenied my claim in July 2007 a month after they allowed us to hire lawyers for appeals.

She is damn good, and I am looking forward to feb 4, at least I won't be representing me lol

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

yoggie,

Have a list of all of your medical evidence and READ THE LIST

during the hearing, so it's documented in your transcript's.

Any evidence you feel VA has not used to weigh your decision,

STATE IT VERBALLY ! ! ! and why you feel that evidence was not addressed ! ! !

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Yoggie,take your wife with you so he/she whoever conduct the hearing know you didn't come along, and if you have any new evidence,give it to he/she.When you are asked about your Post-traumatic stress disorder,let he of she know how it affects your everyday life, and make sure you talk about the inservice stressor, that can be vertify by VA.If i was you i wouldn't wear a suit or tie just some everyday clothes. Good Luck!

mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder

All that I can say is that ask for the rater to help with your claim. You need to know why critical evidence was not used and why. Be very careful the rater can help you and you should present them with copies of buddy letter, commanders letter, evidence that supports your claim.

This is you last opportunity without going to BVA. Be sure and take someone with you to help.

How are you coming with SSD?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete,I take that yoggie is going to a hearing for PTSD.and if so ,a inservice stressor that can be vertify is critical evidence, and how PTSD affects his everyday life.Yoggie have PTSD, and his PTSD needs to be Corroborated with a vertifiable inservice stressor,although if he have buddy letters and a letter from his commanders it is also helpful and i am pretty sure he will have a VSO

to help with claim

mobie