Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice

Rate this question

bufloguy

Question

I got a copy of my "C" file and viewed it for the first time, and found that It was missing important documents.

In 1995 I filed a claim for back, neck & head conditions due to 2 car accidents that I was involved in while on active duty. I had had recieved a letter from the RO asking for more information, to which I responded with the requested evidence. I had never recieved another response from the RO. I sent the RO 4 letters in the two years after sending the evidence but never got a response. I eventually gaveup & forgot about the claim.

In my "C" file I found a denial letter for the claim, but I didn't find any of the letters that I sent the RO. I also found letters they sent to me to an address that I never lived at.

I never recieved the denial letter, or even got a C&P exam. I had forgotten all about the claim until I viewed my "C" file.

Do I have any options? I ask because I filed the claim for my back & neck again this last October.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Review shreddergate info. You may be able to go back to original filing date but I hope some others will explain it.

• HadIt.com Elder
I got a copy of my "C" file and viewed it for the first time, and found that It was missing important documents.

In 1995 I filed a claim for back, neck & head conditions due to 2 car accidents that I was involved in while on active duty. I had had recieved a letter from the RO asking for more information, to which I responded with the requested evidence. I had never recieved another response from the RO. I sent the RO 4 letters in the two years after sending the evidence but never got a response. I eventually gaveup & forgot about the claim.

In my "C" file I found a denial letter for the claim, but I didn't find any of the letters that I sent the RO. I also found letters they sent to me to an address that I never lived at.

I never recieved the denial letter, or even got a C&P exam. I had forgotten all about the claim until I viewed my "C" file.

Do I have any options? I ask because I filed the claim for my back & neck again this last October.

Aint it amazing what you find when you get a copy of the file.

The old hidden evidence trick backed up by the wrong address trick.

Welcome to the Timex Boy Club.(Anyone want to know what that means shoot me a PM)

Copy the infoprmation ans ask the VA to re-open the claim back to the original date and that they have the wrong address and that you did not recieve the denial letter and prove it was sent to the wrong address. Your claim is still open if you can prove that. Maker sure you have some assistance. Then re-submit the evidence but explain that you have already submitted it.

The same thing happened to me. I was accused of missing a C @P exam because of an erroneous address and I almost missed another one but someone called my cell phone and informed me of the exam.

Good Luck.

John

Thanks for the help. The only evidence I have are the copies of the 4 letters I sent back then. I didn't know back then to send the letters by registerd mail, also didn't have a service officer to help me.

Does

Are you asking for advice on trying to establish the earlier effective back to the date of the original claim?

You did not receive a denial letter, but you say it was in the c file. What is the date of the denial? Did you have a veteran service officer for the original claim? Does he also have a copy of the denial letter. Were these letters stamped by the VA?