Retinal Detachment And Glaucoma ?

Rate this question

LeroyJohnson

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie, not sure exactly what the scope of Leroy Johnson detachment is. Mine was a detatchment and tear, one office procedure, two surgeries and sklerebuckle inplace. This happened thirty years after discharge and not sce'd. I was just curious as to Leroys cicumstances. If this sugery on Leroy happened in service, its possible he could get glaucoma secodary. I dont know really.

Now I'm curious, I have a different S/C for eye problem, but the surgeries caught my attention, did either Leroy or Tagandbag apply for temporary disability 100% rating during the surgeries. I am currently trying to get one for mine a was off 3 months with doctor's notes.

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.

2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.

3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.

4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

6. Do the math. Count your blessings.

7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.

9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

10. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.

11. The most important things in your home are the people.

12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.

15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

No, at the time of the surgery 1992 I was not aware that I could even apply for benefits of any kind and was not even aware there was such a thing as a 1151 until 2003 while here at Hadit my wife was asking questions for me and told Berta about my eye and it was her advice and help that got the whole 1151 claim going.

Leroy -how doe

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Leroy -how does your rating break down now?

I believe the glaucoma-due to the surgery-should be rated separately but have not found aything yet at the BVA web site as an example-

I sure would claim it and then see if there is some medical support for this.

Did the VA consider you for any SMC award on the Section 1151 claim?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Hello Berta, I got 30% plus K award which I think is low and will appeal the rating my good eye has 20/50 vision plus severely constricted field of vision (I have tunnel vision in my good eye to 10% visual field) they didn't consider or factor in the tunnel vision in my good eye and since the rating is based on my good eye I think they should have. I do have a question for you I thought that they paid the 1151 seperately from your regular conmpensation check mine was just added to what I already get a L award plus K.

Thanks

Leroy

Leroy,

Did you already have a rating for your eye when you were awarded the 1151 claim?

I had cataract surgery in MAY 2008, It is rated 30%. I ended up with many complications of which one is pigmentary glaucoma because the va doctors placed the lens to close to my iris causing rubbing. If I understand the rating guide, I cannot receive any other ratings for the eye problems unless it is rated at 100%.

Did you file a standard form 95, tort claim against the va for the damage they did to your eye?

Leroy how long did it take the va to award your 1151 claim?

I finalized my 1151 claim today and will mail it to the regional office on Monday, I also finished the SF 95 and will send it to the va hospital on monday.

Any information you might want to share would be nice....