Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Need To Talk With Your Service Officer?

Rate this question

danang_1969

Question

I have had very limited success in communicating with my SO all throughout my claims. I'm not a female and I don't have pretty legs like Southern Bell so that kind of strategy is out. I have one phone number to his office the drill is always the saem, he is with another veteran, or in a meeting, or in training or is off today. I'm always advised to call back later. Never get my name taken and told I will to ask him to return your call. No personal email address has been ever given to email him and ask him any question I might have.

Go to your Service organizations main website and look for contact us and send them a help request, be very polite and tactful. Tell them you have been attempting to communicate with your claims rep and are not having any success. In the email inform them that you are a member in good standings of the VVA, VFW, DAV, etc, what ever organization you belong to and ask them if they will please help you get in touch with your rep. It worked for me within just a few hours. It is worth a try if you have had or if you ever have a problem getting through to your SO to ask him a question.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

x

x

x

Belle, Your pretty tactics might work on the male population, but most warrior's (male and female) loathe feigning dumb and weak.

Personally, I think good ol' fashioned respect and sincerity is the best approach to getting another to assist you; and if that person does not respond to honesty, it's best to find someone who will. ~Wings

Like most have said, we all have to use what ever tactic to get them to take us seriously. I did find the initial post to be sexist and I am a man, but I don't think he meant any harm. Belle, thanks for the great attitude. Life is much too short to let the small stuff bother us.

s/Mags

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am always completely honest. I always explain to the person that we are living on 850 dollars a month, and any help that can give would be greatly appreciated. Using a kind voice when talking to the VA works on both men and women. When someone feels like they are the only one who can help you they are more inclined to do so, and because they are the person you are speaking to, in a sense they are the only one who can help you, unless you want to sit on hold for another twenty minutes. I always treat the people at the VA how I would want to be treated. I would want kindness and compassion. I speak to them in the same manner. I have too much other big stuff that can bother me, I try really hard not to sweat the small stuff, and getting feathers riddled over a joke just isn't woth it to me to get upset about.

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle

i have dang purty legs and i gitz nuttin...i agree this remark is inflamatory.

Simplefly let me see if I can further explain this matter. If any SO did give favoritism for that reason in question or for any reason, it would be not only wrong but illegal. For the reason in discussion would be sexiest. I would not lean a certain direction as an SO because of pretty legs if I were an SO. We know this stuff goes on, for money and other things, as we read of the uncovering in recent SO scandals. It is not hard to figure out there are scandals in other things as well. "I did not have sex with that women" remember. Now it is not hard to understand that giving my simple opinion, simplefly about this matter in which some SO's might conduct themselves is not a sexist remark on my part or doesn't make me sexiest. As I said, I was only joshing around with SouthernBelle who does has a sense of humor and seems to be a super lady. If you want to hold to your opinion that I am sexiest that is your propagative. Many people get offended with me over things, but I only need to be concerned if it were true. If you need someone to pick on, go ahead, I can hold my own.

Edited by danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

Awww, guys! It is all in fun. I could use a bit of kidding around right now! It is Christmas and we ran out of money on the first with the rent! Let's just all be glad we aren't completely cynical and jaded by the VA! (we aren't, right!?)

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle

Awww, guys! It is all in fun. I could use a bit of kidding around right now! It is Christmas and we ran out of money on the first with the rent! Let's just all be glad we aren't completely cynical and jaded by the VA! (we aren't, right!?)

I gave up on using SO's some time ago as have never had anyy help from them.

At present I am 100% T & P & also receive A & A

All the answers I needed I found on this site.

GARY

gdsnide

I gave up on using SO's some time ago as have never had any help from them.

At present I am 100% T & P & also receive A & A

All the answers I needed I found on this site.

GARY

I agree with you and when I get the claims settled that I have in the hanger now. I already have the form and I am going to fire my rep and do my own claims from now on. I agree with you that most the Si's are useless to most vets most of the time.

danang_1969