Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hate The Va! I Hate Them I Hate Them I Hate Them

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

So, I'm so mad I can't see straight right now. They denied the increase again. I can't believe it, I really just can't understand how a DOCTOR'S OPINION, the DOCTOR WHO TREATS MY HUSBAND TREATS HIM! can be ignored for a lower rating. RATERS ARE NOT DOCTORS! DAMN, I'm pissed. I am sitting here shaking I'm so mad.

post-4011-1229372259_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372270_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372278_thumb.jpg

Edited by SouthernBelle

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle

• Answers 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello everyone,,

I was not talking about fraud.

This is what I am saying:

I have read many post on this site. I have learned many things with the VA. Personally, I am a physician.

When I say, "be the rating" and actually put ---"wink-wink" --- I mean that the majority of us really need to look at our condition. I truly believe that all of us deserve at least the next highest rating. I worked on a few of my friends disability claims. I found that their ratings missed a lot of information. Let me also add,,, these individuals were rated for PTSD.

Anyhow,,, I found in their initial rating,,, they were 50%. I got them to the 70%.

How???

Thoroughly looking in their medical records, talking to them,,, getting permission to speak to their psychiatrist. With that information,,, and knowing the information the VA is looking for to grant the higher information,,, the psychiatrist and psychologist knew what to concentrate on so that the information is correctly entered in the "Progress Note."

With that said,,, be the rating. If you are having times when you are troubled,,, not getting up,,, not grooming yourself,,, don't change only when you are going to see the doctor. That defeats the purpose.

Part of the examination is what the provider actually witness.

Fraud, not at all. Falsification,,, not at all. In other words,,, do not dress up for the doctors appointment,,, do not tell the doctor that everything is okay when everything is not.

However,,, do let the provider know what the VA is looking for when deciding benefits. 9 times out of 10,, the provider does not know. For instance,,, many people ask, "How to tell the doctor how to write a NEXUS letter." This is the same.

So, rentalguy,,, Purple,,, I apologize. I did not make myself clear. I was very angry because these raters have no clue and if things aren't "spelled out" to them,,, the decisions they make may not be the best decision for the veteran.

I am not sure how many "raters" are physicians,,, nurses,,, or any provider. I am not sure if they truly understand the wording in progress notes, laboratory findings,,, etc.

Please, the last thing I want to do is promote falsification. I AM EXTREMELY AGAINST FALSIFICATION!!! Trust,,, I am trying to get the R2 rating. Short term memory loss,,, right side (dominant) weakness. I.V. infusions every 2 to 3 months,,, 30 pills a day,,, walking with a cane AND still falling down stairs, tripping over the dogs, broken arm,,, broken leg,,, no balance,,, etc. etc., etc. AND with all that said,,, not able to practice medicine.

So,,, what can I do. I can sit at a computer. Cognitively,,, I may have short-term memory but,,,, I can write things down. What can I do as a physician,,, I can help veterans find things in their medical records. I can talk to their providers,,, I can word things so that raters understand what is going on with the patient. I can do this for free because, I believe that veterans deserve everything they can get.

We fought hard for our country. Most of us volunteered to serve,,, not wanting to get hurt. Those of us who didn't volunteer,,, went in and didn't plan on getting hurt.

So,,, if I can go through every piece of note in a medical file,,, if I can talk to a provider,,, if I can tell a patient to not "be themselves" when they go to a provider and not "dress up,,," then I will do that.

So, once again,,, please know,,, when I say,, be the rating,,, I mean it. I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

For instance,,, it is like dressing up every Sunday to go to church. But, throughout the week,,, you wear jeans. I am saying,, don't dress up,, wear the jeans to church. Be who you are. Be who you are... Be who you are.

Please,,, I hope this makes things a little clearer.

Tayo

Hello all,

I just reread everything. I am just so sorry. This site has helped me so much and I feel that I let everyone down. ;)

Please know,,, I by no means believe in falsification. Education, yes,,, but falsification, no. That goes against my creed.

I really hope my explanation I just submitted makes everything clearer on what I meant. If not,,, please let me know.

Once again,,, I am sooooo sorry. I did not mean falsification nor do I promote that. I am so sorry. I really am.

I think I was misunderstood. That is my fault because I was not clear.

Please let me know if I cleared everything.

:D

Tayo

Thanks so much,,,

It feels so good to be a part of this family. Really,,, In my mind,,, I feel like a younger brother to some (just turned 35),,, and a older brother to others. Like one big family. Literally,,, Hadit has become a welcomed part of my life.

;)

Tayo

Fraud??? Falsification???......Nah, those are two words commonly used by "controlling" authorities when things become political. I like the phrase, "smart honesty." Remember, the VA isn't trying to find the highest rating for the VET so if you feel sad and depressed at home make sure you are sad and depressed when you see the doctor. Vets get squandered every day when the VA rates claims. YOU are the controlling authority when managing your condition and I wouldn't say it's

fraud or falsification to explain in every detail surrounding your condition and how it affects your daily life. Let's say you felt really depressed for two weeks and then all of a sudden you feel ok the day of your appointment. You better let the doctor know that you HAVE been feeling depressed. You better not tell the doctor you're feeling better just to please the shrink. in other words don't fubar yourself and use "SMART HONESTY." The VA knows this term all too well since they use it on a daily basis.

We all know it is SOP for the VA to rate claims the lowest % possible.

So if you think it's FRAUD to open up to your shrink then what is it called when the VA doen't rate claim according to the Regulations? And what is it called when the VA examiner misinterprets the facts to benefit the VA?? What is it called when the VA doesn't include important medical information when they make a decision??? That all sounds more like fraud to me.

Fraud is a word that's so easily thrown in to make the Vet feel like they are doing something wrong when they really aren't. It's a two-way street in the game of cat and mouse.