VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I thank everyone that reads my posts and offers some advice. I thank god this service is here, because it helps you answer questions, that jsut nag at you.

My situation is this:

currently on TDRL (10% ptsd and 40% subluxation for both shoulders)-combined 40% for USMC as of 8/1/07.

current VA ratings 10% tinnitus, 10% ptsd and 40% shoulders (they decided my VA case before I got all the evidence, based on my TDRL letter and now I am combined 50% VA comp.

I was receiving both pay up until next month when my TDRL pay is being offset by the VA waiver (50%) amount of 770. I will rec the difference which is about 187 dollars.

I have a NOD in process, I had my C&P exam for ptsd and most likely will be rated either 50% or 70% ptsd. I asked for DRO review by de novo process.

My questions are the following:

1. When my VA rating is increased for ptsd, what should I do about CRSC? I was only given 10% at the time of my retirement/tdrl (which was bogus, but I took it at the time), so at the time I did not qualify for CRSC. My shoulders were hurt in service but not in combat. My ptsd is combat related from Iraq, which should qualify me correct for CRSC?

2. when my first reval for tdrl comes up, I should have no probelm getting transferred from tdrl to pdrl with rate increase, I imagine, based on the new evidence and rate increase by the VA.

3. If you are getting 70% combined VA rating and not CSRSC, then your retiree pay (CDRP) is offset, since its only 50% on TDRL, but if I have pDRL ratings changed, since my ptsd is far more serious then my shoulders right now, then I would qualify for CRSC pay in addition to the 70% VA money correct? I bleieve it is 2.5% of retiree pay x #yrs of service?

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

so basically the stuff I need to send the crsc board is the following:

new ptsd rating, when i rec it, should be 50% or 70%

old ratings for ptsd, in my case, just 1. They took my PEB results and just gave it to me. so a copy of that decision.

my physical evaluation board write up and esults (where it says 9411)

mental health notes for ptsd treatment

then send it to navy/usmc crsc board, correct? I didnt think the VSO would help anyways. I often say why do some of these peopel chose to help, so called, when they really dont want to do much work at all??

Some people on here should being doing it, after all the knowledge they have gain with their own cases, espcially you commander. I mean that as a compliment.

thanks again for your help. I'm panicing right now since my retirement pay is finally being offset by VA money. Probelm is, I owe VA money for an accidental severance pay and I was gambling at the time and lost it over a bunch of months. I've had 500 bucks withheld from my VA check since April. Now that they are offsetting my retiree pay, it's making me scramble even harder then b4. I havent worked steadily in almost 2 yrs. I was scraping by with the little money i was getting, now it's going to be next to impossible.........sorry for the sob stroy, was just venting.

I got another inquiry answer form VA, like same day inquiry, was rather shocked. They say my case is with the appeals team. they say an appeal can take anywhere from 12 to 24 months depending on their case load. Does this include DRO review by de novo process? if so, is 12 months the earliest they can do it..speculating of course....

thanks again

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know, one year seems like a long time to be in the final stages of your VA claim, USMC HVEQ,... Have you asked the VA for a wavier of the debt due to hardship? Over payments are a bummer. Did you make the deal with the VA to pay back $500. a month? You said that it could take a year or more to get your VA 50% PTSD increase? Did you contact the Navy Human Resources person about the delay in your VA rating increase? The Army has different phone numbers, different codes,etc... I'm Army and I don't want to steer you wrong. Your USMC. From what you have presented here, I can see that you know how to navigate through the claims process. I called the Navy CRSC phone # I gave you. It's much different than the Army CRSC unit that I called for my application form and info. Did you get the website info that the recording gives you. Better have a pen and paper handy if you call back. At least I was able to get thru to a live person when I called the Army. The difference is notable. Do you have the CRSC application package already? You have to fill out a form ( USMC form#????-??). The army CRSC analyst that I talked to about correcting my 10% PTSD ( wrong VASRD #) wrote me a letter and said that I could submit new evidence when I get my #9401 corrected to a #9411. Again check with your CRSC Board (as the Navy calls it).. See if you can file the 10% now, or if you should wait. Too many unknown factors for me to say for sure. It sounds like a lot of paper work. It's your call. If it were me. I would file now and establish the CRSC retirement pay. With 4 yrs. 2mo. of active duty, and the other factors you mentioned, it's not going to be very much $$$ per mo.

• HadIt.com Elder

You are getting yourself squared away USMC HVEQ. You will learn everything about CRSC retire pay in the USMC...etc. and I know that you will do great. When your CRSC mission is completed, please report back to Hadit. This whole CRSC thing is new. Not many vets know or qualify for this extra bit of pay. You will help a lot of comrades by your experience. Merry X-mas. Cmdr. Bob

I believe you are correct about the CRSC not being much, btu I'm all up in the air. It's like should I do this or that? should I wait or not? so confusing at times.

Like part of me just wants to get the claim updated first then deal with the crsc animal afterwards. I dont trust VSOs to help. I know most mean well but I'm not going to go shopping around. I'm not wasting more of my time trying to figure out if they want to do all my running around, whcih I dont think they do. I know that was a confusing statement, sorry.

10% would CRSC of my combined 40% DOD retiree pay, but I'm on TDRL so Im rec 50% now. It's currently being offset by my 50% VA comp ratings (10ptsd, 40 shoulders and 10 tinnitus)

new award should (speculating)

10 tinnitus (continued)

20/each shoulder (40 for bilateral factor) continued

50 or 70% for ptsd

increasing my combined rating to 70 or 80%.

I still have yet to have first TDRL re-exam (should be feb 09 or so, retired date 8/1/07.

I most likely will have that increased which inturn would increase the CRSC as well. See why its confusing what to do?

• HadIt.com Elder
I believe you are correct about the CRSC not being much, btu I'm all up in the air. It's like should I do this or that? should I wait or not? so confusing at times.

Like part of me just wants to get the claim updated first then deal with the crsc animal afterwards. I dont trust VSOs to help. I know most mean well but I'm not going to go shopping around. I'm not wasting more of my time trying to figure out if they want to do all my running around, whcih I dont think they do. I know that was a confusing statement, sorry.

10% would CRSC of my combined 40% DOD retiree pay, but I'm on TDRL so Im rec 50% now. It's currently being offset by my 50% VA comp ratings (10ptsd, 40 shoulders and 10 tinnitus)

new award should (speculating)

10 tinnitus (continued)

20/each shoulder (40 for bilateral factor) continued

50 or 70% for ptsd

increasing my combined rating to 70 or 80%.

I still have yet to have first TDRL re-exam (should be feb 09 or so, retired date 8/1/07.

I most likely will have that increased which inturn would increase the CRSC as well. See why its confusing what to do?

Good Morning Marine, File the CRSC application NOW. I just called CRSC, and after maneuvering thru the taped menu awhile, I got thru to an analyst. Good guy named Charles. I told him of your situation and your pending increase in VA rating. He suggested that you file now for CRSC. It's taking around 60 days to process an application. Keeping in mind that you said it may take a year to finalize your VA, PTSD increase, you should file for CRSC now. After you get your CRSC award letter, then you can submit the VA PTSD increase award letter. You will get a retro check for the 10% now, and retro for the 50% or 70% payable back to 1 Jan. 2008. Remember this is separate from the VA or the TDRL or the permanent retirement, when you get that. It's tax free. You earned it Good Luck ( stay out of Vegas) and have a great New Year. Cmdr. Bob