Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc

Rate this question

vet12

Question

My claim went to the AMC in Sept. I was contacted in November for more info. Early December they received it per P.O. They stated I had 30 days to return it which I did. They said they may decide my claim within 30 days if they had completed their attempt to get all the relevant evidences.

From what I have read here it will be much longer. Also I contacted my Senator as my claim is over 5 years old. Has anyone had any luck doing this?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I went there in late Sept too.

I sent additional argument, new evidence and also medical evidence the RO ad ignored for 5 years.

Monday they told me my claim was set for decision-I never got a letter asking for any more evidence.

I have seen them move fast on some claims but not others- I guess it depends on the evidence that they have.Then again I made very strong statements as to the fact my medical evidence had been ignored for years.I tried to make sure I sent them everything the RO might well have lost or even shredded as well as the 3 IMOs that the BVA acknowledged were in the C file but never addressed by the VARO.

Things do slow down around the holidays.

Have you been able to determine if a VA medical review has been done yet? Once that has been done it seems the claim gets set for a decision faster than at the ROs.

I know 2 vets off this board who got decisions from AMC within a few months.One got his entire claim awarded -the other only got a 10% award on one disability and has to continue to appeal the rest of the decision.

Yet there are vets here who have been at the AMC for many years- I dont get it-

if the VA tells us what they need, and they receive it-why would any claim be held up for years at the AMC?

Berta, I had a medical review maybe 3-4 years ago. It proved I had had non Hodgkin's lymphoma. I am in remission however have side effects from the treatment. I believe I will have them until I die. I am trying to prove location in Korea for AO(68-69).They haven't agreed with me yet. I have a lot of lay evidences and they were going to check with DOD. I understand lay evidences should carry weight if they can't find evidence to disagree. Also do you know of anyone who has had luck with a Senator? Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet12:

Its seems that you got one of their boiler late letters that they are working on your claim and don't call them they will call you.

As far as Senators go it probably has more to do with the Senator and if they sit on a Ceterans Committee.

Good Luck and glad that it is in remission.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a small bit of luck with a Senator. All he really did was put in an inquiry, and a guy from his office talks to me, a lot, about the poor service we've gotten from the VA. BUT, what he did that was helpful was let the VA know that I wasn't playing around, just by sending in the inquiry.

Berta, I had a medical review maybe 3-4 years ago. It proved I had had non Hodgkin's lymphoma. I am in remission however have side effects from the treatment. I believe I will have them until I die. I am trying to prove location in Korea for AO(68-69).They haven't agreed with me yet. I have a lot of lay evidences and they were going to check with DOD. I understand lay evidences should carry weight if they can't find evidence to disagree. Also do you know of anyone who has had luck with a Senator? Thanks.