Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc

Rate this question

vet12

Question

My claim went to the AMC in Sept. I was contacted in November for more info. Early December they received it per P.O. They stated I had 30 days to return it which I did. They said they may decide my claim within 30 days if they had completed their attempt to get all the relevant evidences.

From what I have read here it will be much longer. Also I contacted my Senator as my claim is over 5 years old. Has anyone had any luck doing this?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

AMC (Appeals Management Center), sent me to a C&P on one claim. I was awarded on that claim within 6 months. The other claims remands are still in process of over 10 months now. Another back claim was re-opened.

I called the Veterans Service Center manager and I asked if I could add my neck injury to the re-opened claim. She said no, and that I shouldn't that this would prolong the process.

I told her that the original claim, in 1984, had my neck, mid-back, and lower back injuries on the claim. I told her that if the claim is reopened that wasn't the neck claim part of the re-open. She had a moment of awareness and sounded a little confused. Still don't know what to do about this neck issue, yet.

This could bring to light another C&P for my neck injury and it could forestall a decision on the re-opened claim. I wouldn't even had mentioned it, but I need the operation.

-------------------------

Change something and it could mean that your claim will go on longer. This is especially true if they are waiting on Social Security Disability information.

There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3 request (each taking 30 days) before they send you a letter, telling you they could not get information from some other doctor or organization.

Get it yourself, if you need it. I called Kaiser, talked to records dept., faxed FOIA, and had the records mailed to the VA in one day. There was no charge from Kaiser.

I did this myself after VA's 1st, 2nd, 3rd request with Kaiser, saying they could not get the records (4 months).

--------------------

As far as the Senator goes...I ask my Senator not to pull my C-file as it would add another Six months. He said he knew that, and that he would flag my claims. It did help. The Senator sent me a statement on every stage of the process.

My Congressman was the greatest (Boozman..AR). My Congressman's Veterans Officer (Stephen Grey), helped me far beyond what he could ever have imagined. He looked at my records and found things that I didn't know. He also got copies of my ships logs from both cruises through FOIA with the DoD.

Without the help of Hadit and these Congressional people I didn't stand a chance.

Edited by Stretch