Got The Envelope

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

post-3016-1231711892_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231708922_thumb.jpg[

attachment=2341:BVA_DOCKET_2_PG_2.jpg]post-3016-1231709279_thumb.jpg[att

achment=2343:BVA_DOCKET_2_PG_4.jpg]post-3016-1231709541_thumb.jpg[attach

ment=2345:BVA_DOCKET_2_PG_6.jpg]post-3016-1231710608_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t=2347:BVA_DOCKET_2_PG_8.jpg]post-3016-1231710909_thumb.jpgAmerican_War_Statistics.pdfpost-3016-1231711465_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231711604_thumb.jpgpost-226-1144193250_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231711892_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231712334_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231712403_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231712602_thumb.jpg

My last post got messed up I was busy with my granddaughter- shes so cute its all about her!

This is the whole BVA and 1999 paper /need all your views as always , B) Thanks and Bless you all for your opinions

post-3016-1231709008_thumb.jpg

post-3016-1231709395_thumb.jpg

post-3016-1231709731_thumb.jpg

post-3016-1231710749_thumb.jpg

post-3016-1231711050_thumb.jpg

post-3016-1231711290_thumb.jpg

post-3016-1231711769_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrsvet28

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

This is the link to Stressors defined discussion:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...ressors+defined

Also the Schedule of Ratings shows how VA determines the rating of PTSD claims.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to my Vet Center some years ago. The couselor wrote a letter saying I had chronic and severe PTSD. The VA ignored that statement completely. What is the point of going to a vet center? The VA gives them no credit. If a VA resident says you don't have PTSD then you don't have it. I think I could have gotten treatment there for ten years and it would not have mattered. My IMO doctor mattered.

• Lead Moderator

I agree with Clown man and Berta. However, in response to Clown mans suggestion that, in order to prove "continuity", ongoing medical treatment is required.

Altho there is no doubt in my mind that the VA would use this excuse to deny claims, I find that evidence not compelling in these examples:

1. Veteran seeks mental health treatment, however, that treatment is not effective, so Veteran seeks other treatment or discontinues it altogether. Is the Veteran required to undergo ineffective treatment to keep his claim alive?

2. Veteran seeks treatment, but the very conditions that he is suffering from causes him to discontinue treatment. Example..Veteran is seeking PTSD treatment, but depression from PTSD causes him to be "flaky" and forget his appointment. So, the VA "kicks" him out of the system for failure to show for appointment.

3. Medications..Since some meds interfere or conflict with others there is often a dilema: Should the Veteran take his depression med OR his pain meds..because these meds are not always compatable with each other, and when the Veteran takes both, sometimes he gets messed up worse than with no meds at all. Should the Veteran have to choose whether to be in pain or crazy, and then have the VA deny his claim because he had to make a difficult choice...a choice he had to make while depressed/stessed.

I only read the portion concerning PTSD, and here is what i see. true they did state in the 05 soc that you have a diagnosis. however there statement was not meant as an acceptance of the diagnosis, but merely an acknowledgment of the evidence on record of a diagnosis submitted on your behalf as evidence. This is the part that frustrates many Veterans as they, and most would do, assume this statement to mean the VA believes you have a diagnosis and they accept it. So in reality they never conceded to the diagnosis from the begining, it was just poorly worded on their part.

The 05 diagnosis was made by a Proffesor and Doctor. What type of doctor? Only a board certified psychiatrist, or doctorate level psychologist can make an intial diagnosis for PTSD. The proffesors notes would have carried little weight unless they had the above mentioned credentials. At the 08 DRO hearing they had verified the stressors by then, and focused back on the diagnosis. You had a diagnosis in 05.,but if the doctor or proffessor did not have the credentials needed, or they did not state signs and symptoms that conform to the DSM-IV for mental disorders,this is 2 reason to deny the diagnosis per regulations 4.125.

Another problem you have is the differential diagnosis from the C&P exam in 08 where he was diagnosed with mood disorder. if it was strictly a mood disorder that is okay.

so on record you have a 05 diagnosis of PTSD that they are not accepting, an 08 diagnosis of mood disorder done by the VA C&P doc. and you have an 08 imo, currently awaititng c&p.

I hope 08 imo has met the criteria i laid out above or it might be another denial. once you get the diagnosis that conforms to their acceptance by regs. and the doctor makes the link(nexxus) connecting the two, you should be good to go.

Then as clown man stated contonuity of symptoms, which you establish by going to your doctor regularly at least 2 times a month, more if you can.If these are not VA doctors and you are paying them, i know imo's cost money, Look into a Vet Center as they are helful with seeking treatment in groups or one on one counseling. both are excellent ways to build up contonuity of symptoms and there free if you qualify by meeting the requirement of wartime service.

When you go to the new c&p exam make sure that you take the imo's notes or a letter that they might write briefly stating your symptoms. Do not rely on the C&P exam to make the diagnosis if at all possible. IMO'S , VET Center notes will count for rating and weight, cannott make diagnosis in most states, however some i beleive do have doctors in the Vet Center depeding where you live.

good luck

Thanks for reply here are the credientals of each IMO doctor:

Clancy D McKenzie MD Professor Intregrative Medicine

Chairman Dept. of Behavioral Medicine

Capital University of Integrative Medicine Washington DC

Level IV Psychiatric Consultant to the Veterans Administration

Author textbook on PTSD

date of exam 11/03/03

he states in this exam I followed the guidelines outlined in the Full Exam Worksheet 0910

Attachment for PTSD DSM_IV Criteria for PTSD

Diagnosis:Axis I extreme and totally deilitating PTSD with depression Code 309.81

Axis II no diagnoses

Axis III Hypertension- bi-lateral knee pain and lumbar pain-caused by being blown out of his truck

Loss of hearing in left ear, thought to be related to firing guns and also the mortar rounds that landed closely

Numerous lipomas probably related to Agent Orange with three operations with bladder s

tones probably related to Agent Orange

Axis IV extreme stress related to not being able to tolerate people and related to financial difficulties since he has been unable to work.

Axis V Has been unable to function in the work capacity for more tahn one or two weeks at a time since his experiences in Vietnam The GAF rating at this time would be 25 and best it has been over the last year is 35

Next - PA bureau of Disability Determination 7/21/2004

Sanjay Chandragiri MD

Axis i Psychotic disorder , nos

rule out major depressive disorder with psychotic features

PTSD

Alcohol dependence

Cannabinoid abuse

Axis II deferred

Axis III hypertension /chronic knee pain/ lipomas /prostatic hypertrophy

Axis IV unemployment

Axis V Gaf 40

Next: Mathew Berger 10/21/08

MD PC general adult psychiatry/special interest in forensic psyciatry

Axis I PTSD severve and prolonged

Axis II None

Axis III Prostatits

Axis IV Severe

Axis V 35

he states" it is in my opinion within a reasonable degree of medical certainty that MRxxx does clearly meet the criterion for severe and prolonged PTSD/ I disagree with P Farrell VA CP examiner

that he did not meet Criterion C for PTSD..It is interesting to note that this is the only one of all the physicians who evaluated him who felt he did not meet this criterion. Social Security indicated PTSD...Dr. M indicated PTSD and my evaluation as well..the patient does meet criterion as set forth in the DSM_IVR ...

Maybe this will help the meds hes on by the pscy. Paroxetine/- previously (Sertraline and Librium)

I have downloaded a copy of addendum to the VA that explains pretty much everything in order;

post-3016-1231871052_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231871052_thumb.jpg

post-3016-1231871248_thumb.jpgpost-3016-1231871361_thumb.jpg

We could find no credentials on the VA CP examiner -- maybe they are students??? hahaha

she is no longer there I was told by another Vet toomany complaints --I believe she got promoted cuz she met her quota!! to deny / She didnt even read the c file because she asked me who my hub saw at the VA psych. office in 99-00-01 she didnt know!! I said if you read it why are you asking me??

I believe this CUED everywhere /how bout you? waiting for reply

I went to my Vet Center some years ago. The couselor wrote a letter saying I had chronic and severe PTSD. The VA ignored that statement completely. What is the point of going to a vet center? The VA gives them no credit. If a VA resident says you don't have PTSD then you don't have it. I think I could have gotten treatment there for ten years and it would not have mattered. My IMO doctor mattered.

Thanks for reading --I hope I cleared things up on this post I just did --to Scout /

going to lawyers will check back later

This is the link to Stressors defined discussion:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...ressors+defined

Also the Schedule of Ratings shows how VA determines the rating of PTSD claims.

taking you r info with me- if you want to read my reply I just posted it to Scout/ will be back later--Thanks going to lawyers now