Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Hearing Date Finally Set

Rate this question

ltate90

Question

MY LAWYER CALLED YESTERDAY AND SAID THAT THE HEARING OFFICE CALLED AND SET A HEARING DATE FOR MARCH 27, 2009 @ 1:30PM. I SHOULD RECEIVE THE OFFICIAL LETTER CLOSER TO THE ACTUAL HEARING DATE ( 20 DAYS ). WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do whatever your Lawyer tells you to do and don't worry

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I agree with Pete. After two years of getting the run around on survivor benefits - my son finally had a hearing last week. Was VERY nice! The Judge was very nice, very helpful, wasn't "out to get us" -- or anything.

But I got so nervous I forgot everything I wanted to say. I would just start rattling on about something and I had to keep asking "Now what was the question?"

Free

Do whatever your Lawyer tells you to do and don't worry
Think Outside the Box!

CAN ANYONE THAT'S BEEN TO A HEARING ANSWER FOR ME PLEASE, I'M ON SOME SERIOUS MEDS AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW WILL THIS PLAY A PART IN MY HEARING. I'VE BEEN STUDYING THIS SITE FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND VETS SAY THAT THE JUDGE ASK YOU ABOUT YOUR ACTIVITES OF DAILY LIVING AND HOW DO YOUR MEDS EFFECT YOUR DAILY LIVING. IS THERE ANY MORE THINGS VETS WANT TO SHARE ABOUT THERE EXPERIENCES IN THE HOTSEAT. I'M ON SEROQUEL (400MG), ZOLOFT (200MG), TRAZODONE (100MG), KLONOPIN (1MG), LIBRIUM (50MG), OXYCODONE(5MG,325MG 3X ADAY), TOPAMAX (300MG), NAPROXEN (500MG(2)DAY) AND THE LIST GOES ON.

CAN ANYONE THAT'S BEEN TO A HEARING ANSWER FOR ME PLEASE, I'M ON SOME SERIOUS MEDS AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW WILL THIS PLAY A PART IN MY HEARING. I'VE BEEN STUDYING THIS SITE FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND VETS SAY THAT THE JUDGE ASK YOU ABOUT YOUR ACTIVITES OF DAILY LIVING AND HOW DO YOUR MEDS EFFECT YOUR DAILY LIVING. IS THERE ANY MORE THINGS VETS WANT TO SHARE ABOUT THERE EXPERIENCES IN THE HOTSEAT. I'M ON SEROQUEL (400MG), ZOLOFT (200MG), TRAZODONE (100MG), KLONOPIN (1MG), LIBRIUM (50MG), OXYCODONE(5MG,325MG 3X ADAY), TOPAMAX (300MG), NAPROXEN (500MG(2)DAY) AND THE LIST GOES ON.

I would be sure the ALJ know of the side effects of medication,

also pharmacy pamplets can be submitted.

Has your lawyer told you that they need you at the hearing ?

I ask, because I did not have to attend, the law firm took care

of the hearing and my SSDI was granted as fully favorable by the ALJ.

Please don't type everything in caps as it bothers most people.

It also represents screaming.

Thanks and good luck.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.