Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qq About Dr. Bash? Requesting For Imo..

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

QQ gang,

I live in northern California(Sf Bay Area), and Dr. Bash's office is in Maryland/Washington D.C. area. I am aware that he is an expert helping out Vets for disability claims, etc.

As an option and if I decided to work with him coming up w/ an OSA IMO, will VA sort of raise the flag how in the heck can I have an IMO from a well known Vet friendly/VA oriented doctor 3k miles away? I could be wasting $$$. This possible?

Hope to hear from the gang. Thanks!

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have emailed Dr. Bash 2x in the last 3 weeks, and never received any response at all!

Me thinks his email is dead, or he moved away..

I have recently submitted a claim and I needed an answer quickly.

:D

QQ gang,

I live in northern California(Sf Bay Area), and Dr. Bash's office is in Maryland/Washington D.C. area. I am aware that he is an expert helping out Vets for disability claims, etc.

As an option and if I decided to work with him coming up w/ an OSA IMO, will VA sort of raise the flag how in the heck can I have an IMO from a well known Vet friendly/VA oriented doctor 3k miles away? I could be wasting $$$. This possible?

Hope to hear from the gang. Thanks!

I have emailed Dr. Bash 2x in the last 3 weeks, and never received any response at all!

Me thinks his email is dead, or he moved away..

I have recently submitted a claim and I needed an answer quickly.

:D

btw, I have contacted some doctors I found on the Internet that are more local to me, but I have to drive 100 miles in severe pain and hard meds to get there. Also, I have no recommendations for these doctors, I just went through an exhasutive search and emailed and phone several IME docotor's offices and anded up with these doctors that do these. But, these docotor seem to just do IME's for private companies, almost all lthe time. I have not seen any info that they exam veterans for disability claims.

They charge a fortune and I feel it is a crapshoot if I go and spend this money. I really need recommendations for local doctors instead of just pulling names of the Internet. The doctors I have contacted are in Southern California, in San Bernadino, Ca. As it is right now, they charge about $600 to $1,600 for a review of only 1/2" of medical records. I have one foot of medical records! Actually more than that!

Of course my VRO helped me package a smaller stack of records to use so they are more organzied with a brief amount of info that is directly related.

I am already rated at 50% and the last time I applied with the help of a VRO I was approved with no appeal needed. But, with Social Security Disability they tried to deny me and I can swear they tried to see how far they could push me before I killed myself. They were thye most rotten people ever!

:)

• HadIt.com Elder

Doctor Ellis

Ellis Clinic

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Google 'em.

Anyone hear of a doctor Betancourt in Orange County, Ca. that does IME exams? I can go see here, but it will cost me about $1,600. I must pay up front all at once.

She does Internal Medicine and Toxicology.

There is a doctor in San Bernadino that does Neurology, also about $1,600.

I am considering taking a stab at these with no recomendations.

I am also thinking that maybe wiating for the claim to go through, and if gets rejected, see these docotors and submit the opinions on appeal. My VSO says it wil lnot hurt to get these IME's. I just wish I could find some doctors that have done these for veterans claims. These doctors do this for private companies.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had an IME by a VAMC C&P examiner that was fully favorable.

I also had an IME by my private treating MD I went to for over a decade.

The RO, AMC & BVA raters have given them 0 weight & have denied all my claims since 1997 using IMO's from contractors.

No where does it state that your entire C-file must be present for review for an IMO or IME. Only records pertinent to the issues your seeking benefits for need to be viewed.

So far, out of three IMO's doctor Bash has wrote the VA has given 0 weight to.

Seems like the only thing they give the most weight to is denial opinions by the Dr's on their books.

If you hear the entire c-file must be present before the Dr, it's pure BS.

I have an attorney with my CAVC case that I hope will put the DVA in a position to except his IMO's.