Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qq About Dr. Bash? Requesting For Imo..

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

QQ gang,

I live in northern California(Sf Bay Area), and Dr. Bash's office is in Maryland/Washington D.C. area. I am aware that he is an expert helping out Vets for disability claims, etc.

As an option and if I decided to work with him coming up w/ an OSA IMO, will VA sort of raise the flag how in the heck can I have an IMO from a well known Vet friendly/VA oriented doctor 3k miles away? I could be wasting $$$. This possible?

Hope to hear from the gang. Thanks!

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is my take on IMO.

IMO is absolutely necessary if VA is denying you for something that should be service connected.

If you are already service connected you can read the regulations and provide the evidence necessarily to win your claim.

Just my two cents

• In Memoriam

Retired,

I had nasal surgeries and tonsils removed right after I got out of service. I was exposed to chemicals in experiments the military was conducting while active duty. I thought the doctor would have past by now, but looking for him all over Calif., and found him in Los Alamitos CA., right on the edge of Orange County.

He remembered me and the awful mess the military left me in from injuries that he tried to correct in the early 1970's. I flew to California, and then Dr. Shapiro did an IMO and IME stating my conditions.

He didn't charge me anything because he thought I was SC many years ago. He remembered me and the work he had done. He also remembered the Dentist, now past, that was paid for by the government for my dental work. Dr. Shapiro worked with this dentist to restore screwed up Vets at that time when we got home.

Some times you get lucky. Even with the IMO/IME, the claim is now on going for 7 years. The C&P agreed with the IMO/IME, but the VA just drags on.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has sent me to three complete physical examinations for C&P's.

One was for VA Pension.

One was fully favorable, the other five have all been independent medical opinions(IMO's) the BVA has ordered. One went to an orthopedist in New Jersey, I think the other was in Kansas

Establishing whether a vet has a currant diagnoses may have already been done & only a review of the complete medical history is needed and provide an opinion as to service connection.

I had a private family Dr that had treated me for over a decade not long after my discharge provide an IME with opinion. It was favorable & he stated he completely agreed with the VA examiners favorable C&P examination.

The VA RO rater completely ignored it, ordered another IMO from one of their contractors & denied the claim again.

I then submitted a favorable IMO from Dr Bash.

They simply ordered another IMO & denied. Dr bash reviewed the complete claim again & submitted another completely favorable IMO.

The VA than ordered another IMO & again denied.

Dr Bash did another IMO & it was again favorable.

The BVA then ordered one more IMO. This time the BVA requested it from the Ortho clinic that was treating me at the VAMC. It came back favorable as well. The only thing, out of maybe 6 issues, they only ordered an opinion for one of them.

They then denied all the other issues & remanded the one issue back to the VARO to be rated.

It is such a constant, annoying, fishing expedition the VA puts us through.

It doesn't matter if you submit favorable IME's or IMO's. You should expect the RO's, AMC, BVA to Dr shop until they get a Dr to write the denial opinion they want & stringing your claim out for a decade or two.