Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

My C&p Exam Notes Are In (just As Expected Not Promising)

Rate this question

TANKERJOE0

Question

HI,I HAD A COPY OF MY C&P EXAMS PRINTED OUT FOR ME TODAY.

SOME MAY REMBER THE DAY I GOT BACK FROM THE EXAMS AND WAS IRATE,DISGUSTED AND DISSAPOINTED.

WELL JUST AS EXPECTED THE DRS NOTES THAT THEY ARE SENDING TO THE VARO ARE CLEARLY UNTRUE AND UNFOUNDED??

I NEED A SUGGESTION.OR MAYBE A EXPERIENCED HADIT MEMBER WHO WOULD BE WILLING TO ANALYZE MY C&P NOTES AND TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK???

I DONT THINK ITS ADVISABLE TO POST ALL THE NOTES ON THE FORUMS

AS IT WILL TAKE ALOT OF SPACE UP?

IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO HAVE ME FWD YOU THE NOTES VIA EMAIL AND GO OVER THEM WITH ME ID BE FOREVER GREATFUL!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE GREAT ADVICE AND SUPPORT THIS HADIT FAMILY PROVIDES TO ME.

I TRULY FEEL I AM AT WAR WITH THE VA AND EVERYONE ON HERE IS ON THE SAME SIDE AND CAN HELP ME.

OTHER WISE ID BE FIGHTING A MUCH BIGGER ENEMY BY MYSELF!!!

TRYING TO CLEAR THROUGH ALL OF THE OBSTACLES THE VA HAS SET UP TO MAKE IT GUT WRENCHING TO GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS. SO MANY GIVE UP.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP.I AM FURIOUS.

I GAVE UP 17 YRS AGO ON THE VA WHEN I FIRST ARRIVED HOME FROM THE WAR.AFTER THE WAY THEY MADE ME FEEL SO I CONTINUED MY MEDICAL TREATMENTS WITH A PRACTICE OUTSIDE THE VA.

I REFUSE TO GIVE UP THIS TIME.

THE VA HAS NOT FOUND A WAY TO MAKE MY PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS GO AWAY OR EVEN MAKE THEM MANAGABLE.

SO IM GOING TO TRY WITH THE HELP FROM HADIT,MY WIFE AND MYSELF TO FIGHT THIS BATTLE TO THE END.

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

SEMPER FI!

TANKERJOE0

SEMPER FIDELIS !!!!! (ALWAYS FAITHFUL)

***THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES***

NOT AS LEAN BUT STILL AS MEAN.

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tanker,

The VA is ONLY going to go by Medical evidence.

Your feelings on how you are being treated do not matter at all

(to va) and are of no relevance in your va claim.

When people advise you to re-write or look over your claim again

for your best benefit, keep your feelings out of the information,

do not put any he said/she said statements etc...

Your feelings or thoughts are not Medical evidence to VA.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE.

FIRST ID LIKE TO SAY I NEVER PLANNED ON SENDING THESE REBUTALS TO ANYONE BUT THIS FORUM .

THATS THE 1 AND ONLY REASON I WROTE THEM!!!

SO THAT YOU ALL COULD SEE WHAT I MEAN BY MY DISAGREEING WITH ALOT OF THERE STATEMENTS.

RENTALGUY1 YOU HAVE EXCELLENT ADVICE BUT MAYBE I DIDNT EXPLAIN MY SELF PROPERLY.

I DO NOT INTEND TO PERSUE A SC FOR HEARING LOSS.I NEVER THOUGHT I HAD ANY JUST CAUSE TO GET SC FOR HEARING LOSS. I JUST KNOW I HAVE A HARD TIME HEARING THE TV IF ITS NOT TURNED ALL THE WAY UP? WHY I CANT HEAR THE TV AND HAVE PERFECT HEARING IS BEYOND ME???

I AM MOST DEFINETLY GOING TO PERSUE A SC FOR MY TINNITUS. I KNOW AND BELIEVE IN MY HEART THE CONSTANT RINGING IN MY EARS WAS NOT PRESENT BEFORE SERVICE AND WAS PRESENT DURING AND AFTER SERVICE.I DONT KNOW OR CARE IF IT CORELATES TO HEARING LOSS OR NOT.

MY EARS RING LOUD AND CONSTANTLY FOR SOME REASON (TANKS,MAIN GUN ROUNDS FIRED BY TANKS) AND IT BOTHERS ME.

THE LOUD RINGING MAY BE THE REASON I CANT HEAR THE TV WELL ENOUGH OR THE WORD RECOGNITION TESTS HE ADMINISTERED.

BECAUSE WHEN THE HEADPHONES GO ON MY EARS AND ALL NOISE IS BLOCKED OUT.THE RINGING IS EXTREMELY LOUD IN BOTH EARS.AND WHEN I TRY TO GO TO SLEEP

DID YOU NOT READ IN HIS STATEMENTS WHERE HE SAID MILD HEARING LOSS AT CERTAIN DECIBALS???

HOW CAN HE SAY I HAVE MILD HEARING LOSS AT CERTAIN DECIBLES AND THEN SAY I HAVE ZERO, NONE, ZIP HEARING LOSS.EVEN IF ITS THE SLIGHTES BIT OF LOSS? I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT PART??

ENOUGH ABOUT THE TINNITUS. SOMEONE REPLIED THAT SC FOR TINNITUS IS "ONLY" 10%.

WELL 10% IS GOOD FOR ME.

I AM MOST CONCERNED WITH MY PTSD CLAIM.

I WANT TO TELL WHO EVER RESPONDED AND SAID THAT THEY WANTED TREATMENT NOT MONEY?? WELL UNLESS SOMEONE TOTALLY MIS-UNDERSTANDS WHERE I AM COMING FROM. IT SEEMS AS IF SOMEONE MAY BE THINKING IM ONLY IN THIS FOR THE MONEY???

TRUST ME IF I WAS IN IT FOR THE MONEY I COULD HAVE BEEN APPLYING FOR THESE BENEFITS ALONG TIME AGO.

I THOUGHT I POSTED HOW I WENT TO THE VA ONE TIME WHEN I FIRST GOT OUT OF SERVICE AND WAS TOTALLY APPALED AT THE TREATMENT AND LACK THERE OF THAT I RECIEVED THAT I NEVER WENT BACK FOR 17YRS.

INSTEAD I USED MY OWN PVT INSURANCE.

AND I SEEKED TREATMENT FOR MY ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION FOR YEARS.NEVER TRULY KNOWING WHAT WAS CAUSING IT OR WHY BECAUSE THEY NEVER BOTHERED TO SEND ME TO A PHSYC DR.

I WAS TREATED WITH ALMOST EVERY MEDICINE OUT THERE.SOME WORKED FOR AWHILE OTHERS DIDNT. I HAVE AND SENT IN 17 YEARS WORTH OF PVT DRS NOTES WITH MY CLAIM TO SHOW ALL OF THE DRS NOTES AND MEDS PERSCRIBED.

UNTIL JUST THIS YEAR MY FAMILY DR WHO USED TO WORK FOR THE VA SUGGESTED I GO TO THE VA AS THEY ARE BETTER SUITED TO TREAT MY CONDITIONS.

SHORTLY THERE AFTER.

I WAS HAVING A SEVERE PANIC ATTACK AND SERIOUS THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE.AND MY WIFE

CONTACTED THE VA AND SET UP AN EMERGENCY APPT THAT DAY.FOLLOWED BY A PSYCH EVALUATION THE NEXT DAY.

THATS WHEN I WAS TESTED AND TESTED AND INTERVIEWED AND QUESTIONED AND TESTED.

TO FINNALY COME TO THE CONCLUSION I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM PTSD. AS PER THE DR CHRONIC AND SEVER PTSD AND DEPRESSION.GAF SCORE OF 50

IM SORRY BUT I FEEL AS IF IM JUMPING ALL AROUND TRYING TO GIVE MY SIDE AGAIN TO THE REPLIES. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I GET OFF TOPIC AND JUMP ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I AM GOING TO SCAN THE MENTAL HEALTH NOTES FROM MY PHYSCIATRIST AND PSYCHOLOGIST.AND PUT THEM ON HERE AS WELL.

I, LIKE MOST HAVE SAID DEFINETLY FIT ALL AND MORE OF THE NEEDED SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF PTSD.TRUST ME.

WHEN I FIRST SEEN THE MENTAL HEALTH PEOPLE I HAD NO IDEA WHAT ALL WAS INVOLVED IN PTSD CRITERIAS.SO ANY AND ALL STATEMENTS I MADE TO THE MENTAL HEALTH PEOPLE CAME STRAIGHT FROM MY MIND AND HEART.NEVER ONCE HAD I READ ANYTHING ABOUT ALL THE STRICT GUIDLINES FOR A DIAGNOSIS. THEREFORE TO DISPROVE ANYONE ONE AS ME BEING A MALINGERE?? SORRY NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

AFTER BEING DIAGNOSED AND LOOKING UP PTSD ON THE INTERNET.

IT WAS CLEAR TO ME ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS I DO HAVE. AND HOW THEY MATCHED UP.I WAS ELATED TO FINALLY HAVE A SPECIFIC DISEASE TO TREAT.

I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE TELLING ME NOT TO BE BOTHERED BY ANY OF THE DRS DEMEANORS OR ATTITUDES WHEN THEY EXAMIN ME??? THAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY EXAM??

I AGREE TO THAT PART BUT.

I THINK ITS A DISGRACE TO BE TREATED WITH NO RESPECT. I TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT AND EXPECT IT BACK OR IM GOONNA LET THEM KNOW IT.

ILL SAY IT AGAIN.THE DR FOR MY PTSD C&P EXAM NEVER EVER ASKED ME ANYTHING PERTAINING TO certain criteria laid out in the DSM-IV. I HAVE EVERY SYMPTOM THERE IS CONCERNING AVOIDANCE??? WHICH HE SAYS I MISSED IT BY 1. THE GUY NEVER ASKED ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS KIND OF STUFF?

I MAY HAVE MIS UNDERSTOOD WHAT THEY MEANT BY total occupational and social impairment. SO PLEASE DISREGARD MY STEMENTS ON THAT.

ALTHOUGH IT INFURIATES ME THAT HE COULD CHECK NO ONCE AGAIN WHEN HE NEVER DISCUSSED ANYHTING ABOUT MY SOCIAL IMPAIRMENTS ???

CARLIE I HAVE 4 YOUNGER BROTHERS WHO ARE VERY IN TUNED TO WHATS GOING ON IN THE STREETS THIS DAY AND AGE AND EVERYONE OF THEM HAS ASKED ME WHAT KIND OF PILLS DO I HAVE. AND NONE OF THEM WERE THE SLIGHTEST BIT INTERESTED IN WELLBUTRIN,PAXIL,ETC...... SO IM EVIDENTLY NOT PRESCRIBED ANYTHING OF VALUE ON THE STREET AND IF IT WAS I WOULDNT SELL IT FOR A MILLION $ BECAUSE I NEED WHAT EVER THEY GIVE ME TO TRY TO BALANCE MY MOODS,ANXIETY AND SANITY. LOL

IM NOT SURE WHY YOU POSTED MY CURRENT MENTAL HEALTH "IS NOT" AN UNDIAGNOSED ILLNESS CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT TO ME???

CARLI I HAVE NEVER AND DONT EVER INTEND TO PUT ANY OF MY PERSONAL OPINIONS AND MEDICAL OPINION AFTER MEDICAL OPINION IN ANY TYPE OF CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE VA?????

I THOUGHT THAT THIS SITE WAS THE PLACE THAT I WAS ALLOWED TO VENT AND EXPRESS MY VIEWS AS TO THE TREATMENT AND EXPERIENCES I HAVE WITH THE VA GOOD OR BAD???? THAT IS THE WHOLE REASON BEHIND MY POST ABOUT MY C&P EXAMS AND HOW MY OPINION AND THERE OPINIONS DIFFEER SO GREATLY AND WHY???? THAT WAS WHY I WROTE THE REBUTTAL TO EXPLAIN MY POINT OF VIEW TO HADIT MEMBERS NOT TO SEND INTO THE VA??

IM SURE I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER FILED FOR COMPENSATION. AND WASNT HAPPY WITH WHAT THE C& P EXAMINERS SAID OR THE DECISIONS PASSED DOWN BY THE VARO ON THERE CLAIM???

I AM NOT TRYING TO GET SERVICE CONNECTED FOR EVER SNIFFLE, COLD,WET FART, SORE LEG,HEMOROIDS OR ANYTHING ELSE PEOPLE HAVE GONE TO SICK BAY FOR DURING SERVICE?? I WAS FORTUNATELY VERY HEALTHY DURING MY SERVICE.I CANT RECALL IF AND WHY I EVER WENT TO SICK BAY TO BE SEEN??

WHAT I AM CLAIMING AND BELIEVE IS DUE ME IS WELL EARNED DISSABLITY COMPENSATION FOR PTSD.

THE VA RECENTLY HAD AN ISSUE WITH A VET NOT GETTING PROPER TREATMENT FOR PTSD AND HE COMMITTED SUICIDE AND THEY ARE FACING REPERCUSSIONS FOR THAT.

I DONT WANT TO BE THE NEXT EXAMPLE.

IM NOT SURE IF ID HURT MYSELF, AND ONLY MYSELF. OR HURT PEOPLE THAT WORK AT THE VA AND DONT CARE ABOUT VETERANS.

OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH.

I HAVE AN EMERGENCY APPT WITH MY MH DR THIS FRIDAY TO HAVE HIM TO PLEASE SWITCH MY MEDICATIONS THE CURRENT COMBO IS NOT WORKING FOR ME. BECAUSE IVE NEVER HAD HOMOCIDAL THOUGHTS BEFORE AND THEY ARE GRADUALLY GETTING WORSE.THAT IM SCARED AS TO WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IF I SNAP AND CANT CONTROL MYSELF 1 DAY????

I AM ALSO ENROLLING IN A PTSD GROUP IN LAKE CITY FL WHICH IS ABOUT AN HOUR FROM JACKSONVILLE.

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.

IM SORRY I AM ALWAYS ON THE DEFENSIVE???

I CANT HELP IT. I TRY NOT TO.

I WANT TO APOLOGIZE AGAIN FOR BEING SO COMBATIVE AND MISERSBLE.MY WIFE JUST CAME UP AND YELLED AT ME AGAIN SAYING WHY AM I ARGUING WITH PEOPLE THAT TOOK ALL THERE TIME TO TRY TO HELP YOU???

PLEASE BELIEVE ME I TRULY APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERYONES ADVICE. AND APOLOGIZE IF I COME OFF OFFENSIVE TO ANYONE.

AND ONCE AGAIN I NEVER HAD ANY INTENTIONS OF SENDING MY REBUTALS TO ANYONE OTHER THEN HADIT FORUMS.FOR MY TAKE ON THE C&P EXAMS.

SEMPER FI!!!

TANKERJOE0

post-4942-1233286249_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286263_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286276_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286283_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286291_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286298_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286307_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286313_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286320_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286327_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286350_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286357_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286365_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286372_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286379_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286388_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286401_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286412_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286422_thumb.jpg

post-4942-1233286429_thumb.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

Joe....I haven't had time to go through your MH progress notes yet, but I will. I just wanted you to know that you are fine to vent here (so long as you don't become abusive toward others, which you are not at all). We all understand, and you are welcome here and among friends. Many of us know exactly what you are feeling, and personally know the struggles that you face every day. We're all on your side.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Joe....please forward these records to me via email. They are GOLDEN! You have all the things that are missing from the C&P exam!!! Moreover, they are from a M.D. psychiatrist, which trumps the Ph.D. psychologist, pushing the evidence in your favor. When you forward them to me, I will point out the exact records that you will want to highlight and shove in the rater's face. I will also help you write a rebuttal to the C&P that you can send in asap.

Now we're getting somewhere! :D

90%, TDIU P&T

Tanker, don't sweat it... but like I said in the email I sent, make sure to turn off your capital letters because then when you do want to emphasize a statement you can do it with caps.

More importantly, you have explained your background (to me at least) much better now. I don't know if you posted other items explaining that it was civilian docs that you saw, I don't read each new topic, but now knowing that you had been previously seeking non-VA help, you need to go to every one of theose doctors and have them write a letter that states that it is their professional opinion that you not only DO suffer from PTSD, but that it is due to combat in Desert Storm. Look up Nexus letters on here. It sounds like you have a long non-VA treatment history that VA won't be able to deny and that you just need a new C&P.

Read the emails I sent, try to follow some of that stuff I mentioned. I'm the one that I think you meant with the "looking for comp". I meant that "I" wasn't loking for comp for PTSD when I went for help. Like I said in the email, anyone that has been involved in actualy ground combat rates at least 30%, it's just a lot of them don't or won't let themselves open up enough to realize it. If they honestly don't then they have some type of mental issue that scares me a lot more than PTSD. You don't get shot at regularly and just spend the next 50 years saying you enjoyed it or never think about it unless you really are off kilter I think. But again, that is me and I'm no doctor. Hell, I bet there are Delta Force guys that have PTSD...... you don't get much more hardcore than they are...... it isn't something you chose to "get".

Take some time and read all of the stuff I sent. Don't scan anything else, just try and absorb everything going on and work on helping you. I have learned (after rae.... I mean rage at the VA) that you absolutely cannot speed up the process. They are going to go at their own pace no matter what. My step-dad was a Vietnam vet who died from Agent Orange effects 2 years ago and when he coldn't work anymore ya know what VA did? Nothing.... he and my mom lost everything......... years later he got one hell of a retro check but it didn't give them back the house or fix his credit.

So take a break from it for a bit. Nobody here is gonna mess with you. Start thinking of this as a mission and come up with a plan.

Ohh Rah!

thanks so much rentalguy1 and quint7.

i feel as if maybe i expresseed my thoughts well enough that people understand my situation better now???

i feel much better now.yay

ill be researching the va processes and reading the hadit forums.

god do i love this site .

it is absolutely amazing.

there are some of americas finest individuals on here

that volunteer there time and knowledge to help sooo many.

once again thanks to t-bird for making this site and everyone who makes it work so well.

semper fi!!!

tankerjoe0