VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Form 21-8940 Sent 02-01-2009

Rate this question

Old 5311

Question

My APP. for increased Comp based on unemployability is in the mail.

Anyone have an idea when I will hear back from the VA and what will be the next step? A C&P? Share your experiences please.

Thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Commander Bob 92-93, Thanks, that is good news. 30 days is surprising. I wondered about the C&P, how did that go? I am anxious to post a SUCCESS STORY.

Edited by Old 5311

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey Old,

I can't find anything to read on your recent post

Hi "mike/3/8/cav". How's your claim going? How's the weather up in the north country, tonight? It's a cold wait down here.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

Old 5311,

Did you send in the employer form when you sent in your IU request form?

I read somewhere that this can speed up your IU claim.

When I requested IU as part of a NOD on my 50% rating, I sent in the vet form as well as the employer form and an IMO. The VA rated me 100% schedular instead of IU after several months. Since my C&P exam was recent they didn't schedule me for another C&P exam. They just actually read the first one and quoted it and the IMO and my PCP's notes to make the award.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress of your claim,

TS Snave

TS Snave,

Thanks for the help.

I filled out the entire VA-Form 21-8940 using the PDF on line. It is a two page document. You may view it, and yes it requires complete last employer information. I have no clue what an employer form is nor did my NSO mention it. Maybe it has become outdated and included into the lates form.

Old,

I was talking about the VA Form 21-4192 REQUEST FOR EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH CLAIM FOR DISABILITY BENEFIT. You can view the form here:

http://www.soft-vision.com/ao_vets/pdf/req...fo_benefits.pdf

If the VA develops your claim for IU they will send this to your employer(s) to fill out. However, this can cause a delay of your claim because the employer may or may not fill it out and send it back in. That's why it is advisable to send it in with your IU request - so the VA has all the evidence they need to make a Decision.

This was important for me to do in my claim because my old boss retired and his assistant was going to retire so I was able to get the employer paperwork filled out and sent in to the VA with my IU application. Had the VA sent it in after my NOD then there would have been no one at the organization who knew what concessions were made for my illness or that I was allowed to resign rather than get fired due to excess absence brought on by my depression.

I don't have an active claim any longer so it is possible that they changed the IU reg on needing the employer form but I doubt it. It is NOT a part of the form you sent in requesting consideration for IU.

Here are two links to some IU information that I used when I did have an active claim:

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/part6/chg123.doc

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/...2/ch02_secf.doc

Hadit now has a dedicated IU forum you may want to check out:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showforum=77

I hope this helps.

Good luck with you claim. Keep us posted on your progress,

TS

Edited by tssnave