• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Jayg

Got An Imo Locally

Question

Howdy all. I found a doctor that gave me a 'more likely than not' on connecting my arthritis to my sc conditions (flat feet and ankle injury). I gave the good Dr. a copy of Strickland's sample letter and he tried to follow it but he didn't get it right in detail. I had fore warned him that VA was fussy as all get out and he told me to let him know if it needed altered so there's no problem on that end.

He gave me three lightly filled pages with information scattered about and omitted a lot of detail, providing mainly broad statements/impressions. Too, I hadn't brought the full battery of my records since at this first visit, I hadn't actually expected the letter. His office people really had no idea what I was asking of him so I just expected to explain what I wanted and to see if he would do it. He accepted the idea, looked at what I had brought and gave me an exam. then produced the 'letter.'

What I'm wanting to do is spoon feed him the finished product as near as I can so he pretty much just has to fill in the blanks, as it were.

That's where you good folk come in. B)

Please bear with me as this is long but I really need input here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is his, I guess call it opinion or cover letter with my edits for him in Italics. The next two are his additional pages. Some information useful, some needs amended and some omitted as potentially harmful or just needless. In the end, it all needs shuffled into a whole... This is what I'm hoping you all can help me with. Something fit to set VA back on it's heels. And this is in time for my Hearing in March.

post-3607-1233857960_thumb.jpg post-3607-1233858092_thumb.jpg post-3607-1233858152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jayg

Jayg,

Unable to open those links.

You will need to upload the file into Hadit.

jmho,

carlie

Ad

Jayg,

Unable to open those links.

You will need to upload the file into Hadit.

jmho,

carlie

So I noticed. B)

First time I ever added anything to a post here but I think I've got it now. :D

Howdy all. I found a doctor that gave me a 'more likely than not' on connecting my arthritis to my sc conditions (flat feet and ankle injury). ...and he told me to let him know if it needed altered so there's no problem on that end.

Congratulations on the IMO, "Jayq". It sounds like you have a doctor that wants to help you. I plan to get IMOs for my appeal. I am waiting for the VA denial letter. My file date is July, 2008. Best wishes for a successful outcome with your claim.

It sounds pretty good. You may have wanted the doctor to say he had reviewed all your service medical records and your current medical records. Do you have a copy of your SMR's? If you don't the VA may throw it up in your face that your doctor could not have reviewed them. However, I think the letter is pretty good since he did say he had reviewed your medical records. If you are asking for TDIU you know you may have a fight on your hands just because if you can walk they tend to believe you can work.

Yup, it's GOT to say "I've reviewed his Service Medical Records.....", otherwise they'll shoot ya down.