VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Percoset Refill

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to the Tampa VAMC today to get my percoset prescription refilled. My doctor called in sick. I asked the people in my "team" what I could do. They just shrugged. I wanted to hit them with my cane. I tried to call the VA to get a appointment when I got home after trying to talk to the pharmacist and ER and getting nowhere. I was not even able to get an appointment scheduled to get my script. I told them I would be going into withdrawl. They just shrugged and I really wanted to hit them with my cane. If you depend on the VAMC for anything that is really crucial you are in deep shit. They just cannot do anything right. The people in the ER where just the most unhelpful people I have ever come into contact with at the VA. They don't give a shit and that was obvious. My "team" turned away a sick vet in a wheelchair because he did not have an appointment. He was homeless and they just blew him off. What a disgusting place. I go to the VAMC because I am entitled to care, but what a cesspool it is, and how little they care about their patients. I would not let them operate on my pet rock. I would complain but what good would it do and who would I complain to when I can't even get an appointment because the appointment line is too busy. The patient advocate is an idiot. I came pretty close to getting myself arrested. To be treated like trash I don't need.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My problem have been fixed and I am getting my refill, but I think I would rather suffer the pain than be a slave to a drug where doctors and hospitals can jerk me around like this. I am most definitely going to taper off these drugs and be damn with it. I will just suffer the pain and try to avoid aggravating my injuries. When you get into a rage or panic because your meds are late you know you are becoming a slave and I just hate that feeling. I don't feel like having to beg to get meds once the VA or private doctors have helped me become dependent. It is humiliating to say the least. The private doctors who prescribe pain meds in my state are all scared to death of the DEA. You go for severe pain and get darvocet.

Skunk

If the VA knows you are getting narcotics from another source they will cut you off. That is the rule.