Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay For Crdp

Rate this topic

Jim MAC

As some of you might know I won my claim for 100 percent temporarey rateing for my skin cancer ( still fighting the effect date thou.) I was rated 100 percent from january 08 thru January 09 Got my back pay from the VA I was fat dumb and happy. Then yesterday I got a statement in the mail from DFAS for over 4,500 dollars taxable thou. It seams under the CRDP I got back the difference from 80 percent to 100 percent for the year, Since I was 100 percent there is no DFAS offset. Needless to say that made my day and another credit card bites the dust. Thanks hadit. If I did not find this website I still be at 60 percent and my 1 year time line for appeals would have been gone. Like you all say we are responabile for our own claims. Now the DAV was good for just doing my intial claim but hadit is responabile for all my winning claims.

V/R

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Great news Jim. Kicking the debt load in these times is a smart thing, as it will leave you with a good balance sheet when a recovery starts, should you need it.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim, I am glad for you, ~ ! and hang in there for the effective date.

Question, what type of statement did DFAS give you, a 1099 or a simple letter?

One other question, and I hope you don't mind, but I am curious. No answer needed if you dont want to. smiles.

Since you were 80% and were raised to 100% for that time, were you paid correctly? Was the amount the difference between the 80% rating and the 100% rating? Meaning was 80% that you already recieved subtracted from 100%? I look at the charts and see a larger amount in my figures. So why only 4,500 taxable? Just wonderin'.

Best to ya,

Cgup2009!

As some of you might know I won my claim for 100 percent temporarey rateing for my skin cancer ( still fighting the effect date thou.) I was rated 100 percent from january 08 thru January 09 Got my back pay from the VA I was fat dumb and happy. Then yesterday I got a statement in the mail from DFAS for over 4,500 dollars taxable thou. It seams under the CRDP I got back the difference from 80 percent to 100 percent for the year, Since I was 100 percent there is no DFAS offset. Needless to say that made my day and another credit card bites the dust. Thanks hadit. If I did not find this website I still be at 60 percent and my 1 year time line for appeals would have been gone. Like you all say we are responabile for our own claims. Now the DAV was good for just doing my intial claim but hadit is responabile for all my winning claims.

V/R

Jim

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Jim, I am glad for you, ~ ! and hang in there for the effective date.

Question, what type of statement did DFAS give you, a 1099 or a simple letter?

One other question, and I hope you don't mind, but I am curious. No answer needed if you dont want to. smiles.

Since you were 80% and were raised to 100% for that time, were you paid correctly? Was the amount the difference between the 80% rating and the 100% rating? Meaning was 80% that you already recieved subtracted from 100%? I look at the charts and see a larger amount in my figures. So why only 4,500 taxable? Just wonderin'.

Best to ya,

Cgup2009!

CG - CRDP retro is the VA waiver amount that DFAS has withheld from you. It has nothing to do with the VA payment charts. As an example (remember example only) A vet is rated at 80 percent, he gets 1600.00 per month from the VA, DFAS adds 200.00 permonth to his retirement for his CRDP payment, however, they still withhold, lets say 300.00 per month as the VA waiver from his retirement check.

Now lets say he gets rated at 100 percent with an effective date of 12 months ago. VA will pay him the difference between the 80 and 100 percent for the 12 months, and since the 100 percent rating results in no VA waiver being required to be withheld from his retirement check DFAS will pay him back (via a retro payment)the disability waiver amount they withheld. In this example it would be 3600.00 (300.00 per month for 12 months).

Therefore he would get two retro payments - 1 from VA for the difference between the 80 percent and 100 percent (2700.00 - 1600.00 = 1100.00) so VA will owe him 13,200.00 (1100.00 x 12 months) and DFAS will owe him the 3600.00.

Hope this is understandable!!!!!

Clown Man

You explanied it better then I could. First VA retro check was 15,560 said they were paying me for housebound? Was not housebound but since one Disabilty was rated at 100 percent and they combined other disabiltys were rated at over 60 percent I got some extra money. Could not figure that out thou.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use