VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tax Exemption

Rate this question

windy city

Question

Just got a letter from senator Jeff Wentworth about the exemtion of property taxes and he stated in his letter that the bill if passed will cover those at 100% and those recieving 100% due to unemploybility I think it great but the way the economy is going this bill is not even going to get from here to the corner. Great time they picked for this bill.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

HAH! Pete, I pay (WITH my exemption!) $4500 a year in taxes on a $105000 house. That doesn't include garbage or water (another $80 a month). I don't know Texas taxes, but I have friends in LosAngeles that can see the ocean from their condo (that is worth $400000) and they pay less than I do.

HAH! Pete, I pay (WITH my exemption!) $4500 a year in taxes on a $105000 house. That doesn't include garbage or water (another $80 a month). I don't know Texas taxes, but I have friends in LosAngeles that can see the ocean from their condo (that is worth $400000) and they pay less than I do.

Quint

I did a tour of Duty as a Recuriter upstae NY (Owego) Always wanted to retire there but you scare me with the taxes. I thought 3600 a year was a lot here in VA. My brother and sister live on Long island and pay over 10,000 a year. No way would I do that. My sister paid off her house after her husband died and she still has almost a 900 a month bill. I would never live there

jim

Edited by Jim MAC

Ours are high here in minnesota----- I THOUGHT=== I got this years estimate but every line had -00000000000s I dont even know if they raised my property value.

But the school taxes are high and will be on the statement.

The house and garage & SHED ( toung &groved pine interior-loft with queen matress

downstairs sofa table& chairs refrig microwave oh and air conditioning)But its only 10 x 14 feet . Company loves it. Taxes were $1200.00 last year so I got the $300000.00 value deferment this year. WE have about a little over a acre and were on a 2 1/2 mile long lake (TRILLIUM) at about 55 feet deep. its nice BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE WINTER---IT WAS -35 below zero last week . But its been in the

40s &50s lately (THANKFULLY)

I GUESS I WONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY TAXES+

a few more weeks the ice will be off the lake and itll be

bass- crappi northern pike fishing time. The ICE IS

STILL OVER 2 FEET THICK. STEVE & PAT

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I get a property tax exemtion on the first $100,000.00, through the County, here in Northern California. ~Wings

Just got my statement the other day-$300,000 exemption on house so the total is $66.00 solid waste fee- Every thing else is 0s.I can handle that. But I doubt if ill get a property tax rebate thou. Nice to have some relief here in MINNESOTA.

STEVE & PAT