Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Top Ten

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

I am interested in finding the top ten VARO's

I ve heard Louisville and Nashville should be in the top ten.

Any input on Los Angeles, Oakland or Reno?

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We Veterans have been taught by the VA to "lower our standards" because we Veterans just dont deserve the level of service available in private industry. For example, if it took Workmans comp, state unemployment, or private insurance 11 months just to process our claim, we would be pulling our hair out while most of us would be getting our home foreclosed upon.

With the VA, however, 11 month processing time seems to rank worthy of inclusion into the top ten in the nation. (I find it interesting that VA quotes a six month average backlog, while at least one of us is led to believe that 11 months is "excellent". It makes me wonder where they got that six month number? )

This "lowering of standards" for Veterans is unacceptable..Veterans should be in a place of honor for service to our country, and not be forced to believe that we somehow "deserve" to be treated worse than private citizens. JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

I can only attest to two VARO's. My initial claims for service connected compensation and voc rehab were decided quickly and fairly through the Roanoke, VA VARO. This was shortly after I ETS'd in 1994, though. All other claims for comp and voc rehab went through the Nashville, TN VARO. They have been fair, for the most part. I have caught them pulling standard VA crap a few times, but in the end I came out on top. They would both have to be in the top ten. I also heard several vets saying good things about Waco, TX when I lived in Austin (2000-01), but I have heard bad stuff about them on here.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Bronco:

Never lower your standards for the VA fight till you get what is due you and your family

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I know one case does not a TOP TEN VARO make, but my experience so far with the New Orleans VARO has been good. Took only 5 1/2 months to process my claim and get a favorable outcome.

OldDave

OK so we have the following candidates for the top ten

Roanoke, VA

New Orleans, LA

Waco, TX

Nashville, TN

VARO's in Maine

VARO's in New Mexico

Oakland, CA

San Diego, CA

Cleveland, OH

Anyone care to rate these RO's on a scale of 1 to 10

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

Yes, I will rate Cleveland a "55" out of the top ten. That is 55 Veterans claims the Cleveland Regional Office Shredded, according to the VAOIG. Or, they could also be rated a 57, as out of 57 Regional Offices, the Attorney General says they are the lowest compensating to all Veterans. We will give Cleveland the

"benefit of the doubt" and rate them as a 55, because New York Regional Office is corrupt, according to Hillary Clinton, and Detroit has 16,000 "lost" Veterans claims files, so Detroit clearly deserves number 56. Cleveland, however, only deserves a 55 ranking because there are only TWO Regional Offices that can actually boast they are worse than Cleveland...Corrupt New York, and 16,000 Detroit lost documents.

Pete...Thanks..in spite of the VA's campaigns to get Americans to "look the other way" because President Obama says that Veterans are multiple times more likely to be homeless than Non Veterans, and, because Veterans are much more likely also to commit suicide. Remember..these Veterans, when they joined, were physically fit, and also had to pass mental tests as well. American Civilians have to pass no such tests to become civilians. This "cream of the crop" of Americas best was turned into a very high suicide, high homeless group, courtesy of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

As long as there is ONE homeless Veteran, or ONE Veteran suicide in that state, NO Regional Office deserves to be in the "TOP TEN" because they left a Veteran behind. JMHO

Edited by broncovet