Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Top Ten

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

I am interested in finding the top ten VARO's

I ve heard Louisville and Nashville should be in the top ten.

Any input on Los Angeles, Oakland or Reno?

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The RO's are only as good as their Service Center Managers. Get a good one and your OK. Get a bad one and bohica.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Despite what others say...I would give the Cleveland VARO about a 9. I had a very positive experience with them, quick processing of my claim, and a very favorable outcome. After my claim was processed and I had questions...when I called them, they were very helpful.

My opinion: I believe a vet has a better chance of a positive experience and quick results from a VARO when a complete, concise, accurate, and well documented claim is submitted---supported by good copies of service medical records, VA medical records, and possibly independent medical opinions. Who are we kidding?? These type claims submitted by Vets are few and far between,(but still our goal). However, if you did submit the above documentation with your claim---your chances of a claim being processed more "quickly" and approved are greatly increased. Thus, this would probably result in a positive opinion of that particular VA Regional Office. **When it comes to Cleveland-VARO, years ago I had very good service----now, they are toilet water. Cleveland is involved in the famous shredding. In addition, I had requested a BVA video conf in Cleveland, they scheduled me for Huntington, WV. They then put the cherry on top the cake by mixing my file records/appeal with another vet. Cleveland might rock for Drew Carey, but not for me!!

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet...I appreciate your opinions, concerns and efforts, but your expectations are far from realistic. I sometimes wonder if you expect every entity to be perfect. Under your ideals, a hospital that has saved millions of lives over the last decade would not rate a top ten spot if just one iatrogenic death occurred. If you don't expect every business to be perfect, then why would you expect the VA to be absolutely perfect? Because they deal with veterans? That's absurd in and of itself. The VA is not perfect because we, as veterans, are not perfect. We are all humans, and therefore we all are corrupt to some degree. We all look out for ourselves instead of looking out for the group as a whole. This human trait leads to the problems that we see out of this system. Is it better at some VARO's than others? Of course! Can the system be corrected? Of course! But the road that you have chosen is not the one that will lead to VA detente. Be mindful of your feelings and don't let them cloud your better judgement on this issue. We are all in this thing together, and we all want the same thing. The first step in making a correction to this awful system may very well be identifying what is right with it. If we know what works, and where, then we can bring it to the attention of those that are in a position to change things.

90%, TDIU P&T