• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

Curt

Question

I wrote IRIS asking 3 questions about my claim and received this response

Dear Mr.

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs of April 6, 2009, as to the status of your claim.

After review of your files, we are referring your inquiry to your Regional Office at the address listed below for an update on your claim. We will contact you as soon as they respond back to us.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

csw

What action should I take now? I wrote asking how long this process would take and they have not answered, is this the VAs way of Stalling?

Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Veteran friend, I would write and call about your claim at your RO in your area

This is sometimes the initial response to your inquiry because it may take bit longer to get the precise answers to your questions. I would wait until you hear back from the RO.

The 1-800# is not going to have anymore info than they have already provided.

If you have a VSO, he/she may be able to provide you with more information.

I have gotten the same response when doing an IRIS...and then gotten the answers to my actual questions in a later response from my RO. Maybe someone else will come along with their own personal experience. Best regards.

Dear Mr.

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs of April 6, 2009, as to the status of your claim.

After review of your files, we are referring your inquiry to your Regional Office at the address listed below for an update on your claim. We will contact you as soon as they respond back to us.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

csw

What action should I take now? I wrote asking how long this process would take and they have not answered, is this the VAs way of Stalling?

Thanks

I contacted the VA in Texas and in Oklahoma and this same guy "E.J. Kruse" replied to me. Is this a guy that lives at home with his mom and all the inquiries sent via IRIS go to his computer?

E. J. Kruse National IRIS Response Center Manager this is the person that replied to me from Texas and Oklahoma

i suggest you sit back in an easy chair, watch a good movie, and have a cold beer. All you can do is wait on a response from your local regional office.

I got a response in about 3 days from my local office when I inquired about my appeal.

Jay

Dear Mr.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

csw

Thanks

I contacted the VA in Texas and in Oklahoma and this same guy "E.J. Kruse" replied to me. Is this a guy that lives at home with his mom and all the inquiries sent via IRIS go to his computer?

E. J. Kruse National IRIS Response Center Manager this is the person that replied to me from Texas and Oklahoma

Ole E.J. gets around!!!!!!!! He is the manager of response center 1. VA is going to a system like the call centers for IRIS inquires. All inquires will be routed through response center 1 or 2 depending on where you live (not all areas are hooked up yet). Someone at the response center will research your question and if they can answer it they will - if not they will notify you that it has been forwarded to your RO for resolution. Basically what they are trying to do is consolidate all inquires, telephonic and email which is supposed to free up bodies at the RO's to do other things. It will get to the point that if you want to hear a voice from your RO you will have to get in your car and take a drive to the RO.