Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Home Loan

Rate this question

windy city

Question

has anybody oh this site has refinanced thier home using there va home loan.what out of pocket expenses did you have to pay? does anyody have there number? please need help on this issue.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't, but it seems to me like I saw somewhere, someone advertising "no down, no closing cost" VA loans.......but, then, I dream a lot when I'm on my medication!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

has anybody oh this site has refinanced thier home using there va home loan.what out of pocket expenses did you have to pay? does anyody have there number? please need help on this issue.

Windy I looked into it. But I am at 6 percent right now and I could not afford the payments If I went to a 15 year loan. AS long as you are not cashing out anymore its a steamline loan and preety cheap as far as fees go. The VA is now charging 3.3 points to fund the loan but since you are a disabled vet you pay NO FUNDING FEE. Check around its a good deal if you are plaining i staying in your home. Most fees can be rolled into the loan. As long as you are not cashing any money out it is kind of cheap

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

I believe to get a refinancing under streamlined you have to currently

have a VA Home Loan.

If Current Mortage Type is Conventional

I do not think you can be do a streamlined

re-fi to a VA Loan.

I believe it has to be a VA Loan to a VA Loan for streamlined re-fi.

At least that's what I have been told when I tried.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Does VA do a refinance to cash out to pay off other debt?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

"Does VA do a refinance to cash out to pay off other debt?"

The VA will still sign off on a loan of this type, but you will need to have no BS on your credit reports such as collections ( most medical OK if not to high)it is mostly up to the lender, the VA just back their % of the loan.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

I believe to get a refinancing under streamlined you have to currently

have a VA Home Loan.

If Current Mortage Type is Conventional

I do not think you can be do a streamlined

re-fi to a VA Loan.

I believe it has to be a VA Loan to a VA Loan for streamlined re-fi.

At least that's what I have been told when I tried.

jmho,

carlie

carlie

you are 100 percent right i thought the other vet had a va loan. Pete I was looking to cash out about 10,000 to pay off all my other bills. The Lender would do it again like carlie says depends on your credit score and how much your home is worth compared to how much you are borrowing. Also I would check my credit reports you can check all three for Free here at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp, If you want to knew your score they will charge you. But if you just want to see if there are any mistakes it free. I Highly suggest every vet check there credit score once per year

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim