Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Retro Payments..yesterdays Dollars Today

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Does anybody know anything about why this is so?

For example:

You go to the VA and have a prescription refilled. You dont have the money for the co pays. So, the VA charges you interest, and deducts the total from your tax refund every year.

BUT

When the VA owes YOU retro pay, you dont get a dime of interest, even if it takes them ten years or longer to get you your money. You will get your Retro, WITHOUT INTEREST in 1999 dollars..at those rates back then.

AND

If you cant pay a loan back, EVEN if it is a VA loan, you have interest and late charges EVEN IF you are waiting for your VA benefit compensation check..that is years late.

OF COURSE,

If a VEteran is late paying HIS taxes, then The IRS will assess penalties and interest.

And naturally, if a Veteran does not pay his bills on time, the court will award his creditor penalties and interst, so why is it that EVERYONE else gets interest on his money, EXCEPT THE VETERAN????

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was refunded Med copayments when I was awarded and received interest.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

You do not pay interest on monies owed to VBA (benifits). Interest is paid on monies owed to VHA (hospital). They are two different organizations.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• HadIt.com Elder

Bronco, its like that. Worked for years to get whats due; many years & claim efforts later, got proper rating for sc issue and eed. retro pay arrived and consumer debt paid off, yay!? Whoa, guess what arrived less than 2 weeks later, on Friday afternoon? a va debt collection notice(s) for error in payment - near HALF. Come Monday, oops, sorry, their error. Still feel I need paid for the 'STRESSFUL' weekend worrying.

Yes, Interest would be nice, but don't think I'll ever see it! I'll sign the petition though - ever hopeful!!

Cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Haven't you heard the govt is by the people for the govt, not the people.

Does anybody know anything about why this is so?

For example:

You go to the VA and have a prescription refilled. You dont have the money for the co pays. So, the VA charges you interest, and deducts the total from your tax refund every year.

BUT

When the VA owes YOU retro pay, you dont get a dime of interest, even if it takes them ten years or longer to get you your money. You will get your Retro, WITHOUT INTEREST in 1999 dollars..at those rates back then.

AND

If you cant pay a loan back, EVEN if it is a VA loan, you have interest and late charges EVEN IF you are waiting for your VA benefit compensation check..that is years late.

OF COURSE,

If a VEteran is late paying HIS taxes, then The IRS will assess penalties and interest.

And naturally, if a Veteran does not pay his bills on time, the court will award his creditor penalties and interst, so why is it that EVERYONE else gets interest on his money, EXCEPT THE VETERAN????