Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peace With Honor

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Service connected death due to DMII from AO!

Cripes I just paid for another IMO-

I am using 38 USC 503 to get that fee back-

MY HUSBAND HAS PEACE WITH HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant hardly type-I thought they would fight me longer

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Didn't they know better than to mess with a Hadit elder!

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

John- yes the funeral expenses, Chapter 35 refund - they owe me maybe 6 thousand there, too,

and this award supports my pending CUE claim- forget what that is worth-

better EED dates for me and my daughter under Chap 35 too-

and the FTCA offset-5 figures award there and some other things -forget what-

I am so angry I cannot think straight-

I believe I can sue my former reps for the second and third IMO costs-under 38 USC 503.

6 years and 2 months because the VA employs illiterates and I had the worst reps in the whole state-

NYS state reps-

As Rich Spaturo and I discussed last year (he is attorney for NVLSP) Direct SC death trumps 1151 award but they didnt know I could recover the offset.

A wrongful FTCA Death settlement and direct SC death due to AO DMII are two separate issues they have to pay for.

NVLSP told me years ago this was first claim of it's kind.

They will be thrilled to know I won.

Calling them on Monday

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Hello Berta,,,,way to go girl...... SWEET.... The VA should know better than try their monkey business on you. Hard work and patience finally got you and Rods claim thru the maze. I am so happy for you and now even more encouraged. Congratulations. GOD BLESS you Berta, NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."----Winston Churchill (1940).

(Veni, vidi, vici)--"I came, I saw, I conquered".---Julius Caesar

Berta: your hard work and determination is a true inspiration for us all. Today, a "star of Hadit" shines even brighter. You've done your husband--proud.

Berta I couldn't think of a better day for you to get this news. The sun is shining doiwn on the Empire State and Ron is looking down with a big grin on his face. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize that that was what the main issue with Ron was. My step-dad ws SC for diabeties due to AO and he had some type of rhumatoid that traveled through his body for 5 years. The diabeties and rhumatoid symptoms came on in a matter of a month at age 50 or so. He went from the head of the used car sales at the Jeep dealer in Canadaigua to unemployed, bankrupt and homeless in less than a year while VA dragged their feet and fought him tooth and nail. When the rhumatod symptoms settled into his lungs a few years later there was no chance. The doc at Thomson Hospital put on the death certificate that he died of an unknown lung infection brought on by the effects of AO. VA said that wasn't good enough. My mom had to travel to Syracuse to BEG his doc there to amend the death certificate to say it was related specifically to uncontrolable diabeties which wrecked his immune system. Over a year after he passed they awarded her DIC. She had one of those reps we know..........

I'm glad that Ron, yourself and your daughter can have some peace. If it weren't for the Vietnam guys raising hell about the VA for all of those years none of us would get anything from them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats Berta they seem to be losing some major ones lately don't they? Persistence and evidence I can't think of a person that deserved good news more than you I waited a month before I wrote my Congressmen and SO's the you can KMA letters and yup I still wanted to do it so I did rofl

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."