Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Difference Between Mild And Moderate And So On

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

for example i have siacitia secondary to ddd back ...its rated 10% mild..lol how do i get moderate or moderate severe.. is it just the c&p choice thier no discription about this under some disiabilites

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

rgero311975,

I believe your disability is rated on ROM (range of motion) measurements.

Other's will chime in.

Also, I am moving this thread to claims/research.

Please start posting in the Forum that applies to your claims.

Thanks,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

for example i have siacitia secondary to ddd back ...its rated 10% mild..lol how do i get moderate or moderate severe.. is it just the c&p choice thier no discription about this

As a newb on forum, wish to say from personal experience their perception is often relied upon without any real measurement- HOWEVER a competent doctor thinks he can trick you (and a good one can easily do so) but only if you are in an acute state. If you were in bad shape last night and dont take motrin often and packed it in (800 mg) then that offensive nerve is now pacified, and you have no symptoms to report- until you start going home.

This above is an honest relay of what I found by going to literally hundreds of appointments where I was not very welcome at one hospital. WHile saving lives, at the end, they refused to get me guerney as they had force me to continue standing, and could not at Xray stand. Little indications like that tell me:

Objective is Subjective if they want it to be. If your hands dirty from your car needing jump start (Because you never leave the house) that is NOT how the doc is gonna see it. Kapish?

I hope this is enough to help and not get abused too much I told nothing about the tells.

I loath a cheater, faker, but am amazed how well Fed has ability to make severely injured people complacent and backed into time trap- then they slam door after 27 years and 23 overturned decisions- ont he same benefit- TDIU (and underlying increase)

Sorry if overwhelming. I have ovewhelming urge to perform the "Astronauts Creed" Even If It Kills Me. (It won't, probably)

""Let The NEXT guy know what got (Killed) you""

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually there are signs that show a Doc how severe a condition is.

if you have sciatica, you should use an assistive device to ambulate.

The use of a cane will cause a callus on the palm of the hand used for the crutch or cane.

Your motion, how you stand, face grimmaces, ect.

I went to PT at the VA and the poor guy tried like the dickens to raise my arm above the shoulder. He finally said Mr Basser, your shoulder is frozen because when he tried the ligaments sounded like popping popcorn.

There are also instances where muscle atrophy or wasting away of a muscle on the leg is a give away.

Hope this helps.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Carlie is correct. Please see your DDD thread.

thank you all. well i am in a wheel chair so thats that....i can stand and walk a couple of feet but scared of my leg giving out ... well thanks for the info

rgero,

If a doctor RX'd you to ambulate in a wheel chair and this is not

a temporary situation this documentation needs to be provided to the

VARO. Also, who provided the wheel chair ?

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.