Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav

Rate this question

CRYPTOTECH

Question

I called in last week to check up on my claim and was told my DAV rep was no longer employed.

I asked why and was told that they couldn't comment on that. I went in and talked to another rep and was told he was fired. He didn't say why.

Has anyone had that happen to them?

He has been my rep for the past 4 years.

Frank

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

off topic question:

Been curious where/how is DAV organization getting their financial assistance?

How are the DAV reps motivated to assist Vets, etc?

• HadIt.com Elder

DAV is rich. American people are generous and DAV owns real estate and has 100's of millions in investments. In Dallas the DAV I belonged to had an income of 20,000 a month. Anyway the Service Officers at the Hospitals and VARO and BVA all earn 20,000 to more. The rest are unpaid volunteers. I know in 1991 the SO;s were paid about 40 grand I just don't know any more.

They also use some of the money to help Veterans. My old DAV used most of its money to help the Veterans who went to meetings.

Frank

Companies (or non profits) almost never tell why they fired an employee or even if he was fired. There is a legal liability issue here. Just think about it. They say you were fired for theft.

Yet, there is no conviction anywhere of theft, so that statement cant be proved. The company just slandered your reputation, and it could cost em millions.

Most of the time they will say, "Bob is no longer with our company" Why? "You need to call Bob and ask him..I cant comment"

If you were convicted by a court of employee theft, then they might be able to say that..but why take a chance? What if that conviction is under appeal?

off topic question:

Been curious where/how is DAV organization getting their financial assistance?

How are the DAV reps motivated to assist Vets, etc?

In my area the DAV operates 4 thrift shops and they are always packed. All items in there are donated I buy all my reading meteral there plus whenever the woman in the house get new clothes the DAV gets the old

Jim

ok, I understand the liability issue. I just thought maybe it was because he fell ill or something.

Frank

Frank

Companies (or non profits) almost never tell why they fired an employee or even if he was fired. There is a legal liability issue here. Just think about it. They say you were fired for theft.

Yet, there is no conviction anywhere of theft, so that statement cant be proved. The company just slandered your reputation, and it could cost em millions.

Most of the time they will say, "Bob is no longer with our company" Why? "You need to call Bob and ask him..I cant comment"

If you were convicted by a court of employee theft, then they might be able to say that..but why take a chance? What if that conviction is under appeal?

• HadIt.com Elder
DAV is rich. American people are generous and DAV owns real estate and has 100's of millions in investments. In Dallas the DAV I belonged to had an income of 20,000 a month. Anyway the Service Officers at the Hospitals and VARO and BVA all earn 20,000 to more. The rest are unpaid volunteers. I know in 1991 the SO;s were paid about 40 grand I just don't know any more.

They also use some of the money to help Veterans. My old DAV used most of its money to help the Veterans who went to meetings.

35 K and a car.

J