VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know Where We Can Find A Good Atty For A Class Action Suit

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA pays employees "actual" mileage traveled when using their privately owned vehicles (POV) for VA business and generally at a rate that is more than we receive. We get paid USPS PO to PO, thereby saving the VA millions of dollars yearly. I'm fairly sure it didn't start out this way but was eventually reduced to this method, as a cost saving measure. I'd like to find an atty and see what they have to say.

pr

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I am sure they don't have a deductible like we vets do. I never get a dime in travel because I live 15 miles from the VAMC. It still takes an hour to get there due to lack of parking.

• HadIt.com Elder

John, you should get something, w/the new rate being 41.5 cents per mile. It may only be a few dollars each trip, for those first 3 trips, each month, but that forth one, and those after, could pay for a visit to Golden Corral, using your senior discount, of course.

pr

Yes, I am sure they don't have a deductible like we vets do. I never get a dime in travel because I live 15 miles from the VAMC. It still takes an hour to get there due to lack of parking.

• HadIt.com Elder

Last time I ate at the Golden hog farm I got food poisoning. Can I at least get a hamburger from the home of the Big Mac?

• HadIt.com Elder

You want a good attorney?

I'm thinkin' here, okay?

still thinkin'

I think that mileage thing has been fought quite a bit....all government employees get paid at a much higher rate than we do & they get paid for every trip...not just after the first 3 of each month. Just like when we were active duty and would go TDY...we got paid for each and every TDY; not just after the first certain few of each month.

I'm in the same boat as John. I live close to the VA...my first 3 visits aren't paid at all, the 4th one is paid at some ridiculous 1/2 rate (like $4 or $5) and then I would get paid the full price after that. Even I don't go to the VA more than 5 times in one month!!!